Teal Sound Ends Tour

A better option might be that DCI establish a financial benchmark-just as a for instance, let's say $400,000-plus X dollars per member-and that corps are required to provide documentation to DCI that on June 1, they have that amount either in the bank, or as GUARANTEED income (NOT accounts receivable, but things like commitments from sponsors, income from things like CD's or endowments, etc.), or available from a line of credit. If the corps can't meet the financial benchmark, they are not allowed to tour but can still perform at shows within a certain radius-or allow them a shortened tour, kind of like OC.

this

What DCI needs is another visionary like Jim Jones, and a cadre of corps directors like Geo. Bonfiglio, Don Warren, Dave Kampschroer, Gail Royer & Jerry Seawright that laid it all on the line 40 years ago.

... those visionaries took control of the circuits away from external organizations and into their own hands. I don't know what a next step would be from that? They already control their own destiny, for good or ill...

Mike

... those visionaries took control of the circuits away from external organizations and into their own hands. I don't know what a next step would be from that? They already control their own destiny, for good or ill...

Mike

If you can find it, look at the interview on the founding of DCI on the 'Brass Roots' video. Maybe there is a transcription available. I really don't see that kind of leadership these days...

If you can find it, look at the interview on the founding of DCI on the 'Brass Roots' video. Maybe there is a transcription available. I really don't see that kind of leadership these days...

strong leaders yes for sure But even they would have problems in todays world...nothing is the same, challenges are very different

• Like 1

Agree they are good ideas but don't know anything about the emergency fund.

My response is more for people who think everything can be planned for. Should have also posted about "FOR CERTAIN that they will complete the Tour safely" as there have been plenty of instances of members being hurt during the season. Sounds like no one should go on tour to make sure they are safe.

That is a specious comment. I was referring to returning all the members of the corps back to their home base, not ensuring that each individual member didn't get a hangnail.

Edited by JohnZ
inappropriate comment removed
  • Like 2

True, if there were strong leaders today, by now there would be Woodwinds permitted in DCI. :lookaround:

Just kinds of proves the old adage to "be careful what you wish for!" :tongue:

True, if there were strong leaders today, by now there would be Woodwinds permitted in DCI. :lookaround:

Just kinds of proves the old adage to "be careful what you wish for!" :tongue:

And there it is.

I need to Thank you, Mike. I knew you'd come thru for me.

See, I made a side bet with another DCP'er that you'd find a way somehow to turn Teal ending their tour into a WW in DCI reference.

PAY UP! You know who you are. Bwahahahahaha :devil:

• Like 4