2013 Predictions

Inconceivable!

No...IMPOSSIBLE

Impossible, for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage.

Impossible, for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to join in

Marriage,

Impossible things are happening every day.

...says the guy who jsut saw "Cinderella" on Brodaway this past weekend! :tongue:/>

• Like 1

There is no way... that last year's silver-medal corps could be beaten this year by a corps that finished last year at fifth place or below?

1972: #2 Blue Stars -- #6 Troopers

1973: #2 Troopers -- #3 Blue Stars

1976: #2 Madison Scouts -- #5 27th Lancers

1977: #4 27th Lancers -- #5 Madison Scouts

1980: #2 27th Lancers -- #6 Madison Scouts -- #7 Santa Clara Vanguard

1981: #1 Santa Clara Vanguard -- #3 Madison Scouts -- #4 27th Lancers

1987: #2 Santa Clara Vanguard -- #6 Madison Scouts

1988: #1 Madison Scouts -- #2 Santa Clara Vanguard

1989: #2 Phantom Regiment -- #5 Cadets -- #6 Star of Indiana

1990: #1 Cadets -- #3 Star of Indiana -- #4(t) Phantom Regiment

1995: #2 Cadets -- #5 Phantom Regiment

1996: #1(t) Phantom Regiment -- #3 Cadets

2006: #2 Phantom Regiment -- #5 Cadets

2007: #2 Cadets -- #4 Phantom Regiment

2007: #2 Cadets -- #6 Carolina Crown

2008: #4 Carolina Crown -- #5 Cadets

2009: #2 Carolina Crown -- #6 Bluecoats

2010: #3 Bluecoats -- #4 Carolina Crown

2010: #2 Cavaliers -- #5 Cadets

2011: #1 Cadets -- #3 Cavaliers

Inconceivable!

I don't see the connection between what's happened in the past and this year's show. I mean sure anything is possible, but what I took from the comment is that the poster felt it was unlikely that a show written the way it was would do very well on the scoresheets. I tend to agree with that. And I'm not the only one here who's brought that up.

I hope it really hasn't gotten to a point where certain genre's of music can't win?

depends on what they do with it. Remember videos in June don't always add up to what you see in August. I mean I never expected to see a show about Spartacus win. Or one about a bunch of Euro snobs

• Like 1

I can't believe the amount of people who have Santa Clara Vanguard over Carolina Crown. There is no way...

There is no way... that last year's silver-medal corps could be beaten this year by a corps that finished last year at fifth place or below?

Inconceivable!

I don't see the connection between what's happened in the past and this year's show. I mean, sure, anything is possible, but what I took from the comment is that the poster felt it was unlikely that a show written the way it was would do very well on the score sheets. I tend to agree with that. And I'm not the only one here who's brought that up.

As you can see, KPinCAL didn't say why "there is no way" that some unbelievable number of people are picking SCV to beat Crown, so I had to guess. (Hmm... maybe he meant that too few people are picking SCV to beat Crown? After all, as of Sunday 28 people in this thread (including me) had predicted Crown as champion, but only 4 had predicted SCV.)

As for your argument, that you "can't see Les Mis being the type of show that wins a medal, or is even a fan favorite [...] in today's version of drum corps shows", can you elaborate? Are you referring to the source music (the recent movie made more than $400 million worldwide) or to SCV's arrangement? And what specifically do you think will fail to appeal to judges or audiences?

Nope. His ( " neutralnovice " poster ) predictions, insofar as this, turned out to be right on the money, and to his full credit. :worthy:/>/

That is probably true, but I was linking him to you with this. "Disclaimer: I am not in any way a SCV insider so that dream was just a dream I dreamed!" A response that ties in with Les Miz would be right in your wheel house!

I predict people will Protest this summer.

Could be... and along these same lines I predict that the Crossmen will too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

why do corps not do more teasers of their actual show music or even encore pieces?

i can't get behind the teaser clips that have random background music that's not relevant to the corps or show. is that just me?

• Like 2

I don't see a lot of love for my Boston Crusaders out here...

I guess that making finals for fourteen years in a row, being competitive, having a long, continuous history, solid leadership, plans for future growth, and fans who have stuck with the corps in lean years as well as in more recent years where it has not been all that difficult to be a BAC fan are not good enough reasons for some people to "feel the love" for the Boston Crusaders. However, BAC is consistent and not controversial. Controversy gets ink on DCP. Maybe they don't get the love on DCP, but they do in the stands, and they do from their loyal fans and I have a feeling that this year, they will see some love from the judges.

• Like 3

I guess that making finals for fourteen years in a row, being competitive, having a long, continuous history, solid leadership, plans for future growth, and fans who have stuck with the corps in lean years as well as in more recent years where it has not been all that difficult to be a BAC fan are not good enough reasons for some people to "feel the love" for the Boston Crusaders. However, BAC is consistent and not controversial. Controversy gets ink on DCP. Maybe they don't get the love on DCP, but they do in the stands, and they do from their loyal fans and I have a feeling that this year, they will see some love from the judges.

BAC has been quiet this off-season. I have a feeling they may surprise a few people this year.

• Like 4