What does BDs’ victory really mean?

Simply, it means they designed and performed a show that at every event they were in, the judges found superior to their competition. /thread

Absolutely correct, BlueBYYou2000. It also means they won their 15th World Championship Title. What else needs to be said except congratulations BD on a great season and a job well done!!

To answer this question, I wish I had an animated gif of BD's guard pointing to their heads and saying, "Dada."

Absolutely correct, BlueBYYou2000. It also means they won their 15th World Championship Title. What else needs to be said except congratulations BD on a great season and a job well done!!

exactly!

Honestly, I don't think it means anything for the activity at large. When top corps shift programming, it's generally due to internal pressures, not external (see: Cavaliers in 2010).

Even BD has a tendency to zig and zag every few years. I expect they'll continue to do so.

Mike

I would have liked the show a whole lot more if them two old European guys would have stopped sticking their wet fingers in my ears... :blink:

I suspect next season BD will show a complete change-up again.

I think that at the rate that BD changes styles, types, and themes every year I dont think that a corps can truly "copy" what BD did previously.

I had an interesting conversation with the band director of a school I tech at, and he raised the point that maybe we will see more influences in the way that BD stages things and presents them, and less influence on form to form drill. Which I think will happen with a few other corps next season (we saw this I think from BK this year). The new thing will be to see if they can balance both of those concepts out.

I never understood BDs show this year, but they had a #### good product on the field, and they deserved their 15th championship.

What does BDs' victory really mean?

IDK, perhaps they were the best this year?

From a fan standpoint, I would say that's highly debatable which wasn't the case last year.

• Like 1