Bluecoats 2013

Classical Gas? :thumbup:/>/>

Actually... that'd be an awesome drum corps tune!

It's been done many times, though only once in DCI in the past three decades: 14th place Crossmen in 2005. Not terribly well, in my opinion, though I like their take on "Radar Love" in the same show.

It's been done many times, though only once in DCI in the past three decades: 14th place Crossmen in 2005. Not terribly well, in my opinion, though I like their take on "Radar Love" in the same show.

I know we're off topic now, but I remember that show! That was the year they did the radio/cruising show, right? Radar Love was definitely one of my favorite moments of that year. :)

edit: JK, that was 2006. +1 to corpsreps.com

Edited by ranintothedoor

I don't mind artsy provided it works. I just hope they march this year and do toe-down only when it actually works.

I have liked the change, but don't always think it looks as powerful at times or that noticeable. when do you think it doesn't work?

I have liked the change, but don't always think it looks as powerful at times or that noticeable. when do you think it doesn't work?

I don't think it looks good/appropriate when tempos are over 100bpm, unless the members are jazz-running. I also think it's more of a technique when you are trying to convey something either lyrical or light in nature. Sort of like rolling the toes up moving backwards as some corps do.

It's also a technique that takes a great deal of instruction to sell and do correctly, and I honestly don't think that all members march that technique well 100% of the time, which takes away from the visual individual, IMHO.

It will definitely be fun, and lend itself to some more AGGRESSIVE and passionate percussion writing!!!

I know we're off topic now, but I remember that show! That was the year they did the radio/cruising show, right? Radar Love was definitely one of my favorite moments of that year. :)

edit: JK, that was 2006. +1 to corpsreps.com

no I think the radio cruising show was the next year. the one with Radar love was also the one they did paradise by the dashboard light and not the one with the engine starting at the begining and the middle section with the radio tuning through a bunch of different stations.

no I think the radio cruising show was the next year. the one with Radar love was also the one they did paradise by the dashboard light and not the one with the engine starting at the begining and the middle section with the radio tuning through a bunch of different stations.

It was 2006. I remember seeing them at my first ever DCI show at Allentown that year.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, all I want this year is for the Bluecoats to go out and perform an amazing show with that classic Bloo style. That being said, I really would like for them to go out and march a show that doesn't sound like a complete rehash of Metropolis. The best parts in their past 2 shows have been the ones that don't use the same chords or electronic style of Metropolis (such as Creep and Masquerade). Either way though, They will go out and march an entertaining and crowd pleasing show just like every year

• Like 1

Honestly, all I want this year is for the Bluecoats to go out and perform an amazing show with that classic Bloo style. That being said, I really would like for them to go out and march a show that doesn't sound like a complete rehash of Metropolis. The best parts in their past 2 shows have been the ones that don't use the same chords or electronic style of Metropolis (such as Creep and Masquerade). Either way though, They will go out and march an entertaining and crowd pleasing show just like every year

Creep is something that comes along only once every so often. Creep will stand the test of time as an epic opener. Here's hoping to more epic numbers from the Bluecoats in 2013.

BTW - Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1