Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

I have a feeling it will come down to SCV and Cadets for the percussion trophy.

On paper, SCV should be in the running with their team together now for 3 years (4?) but percussion is a tricky caption. Cadets will certainly be in the running I would think with a vet line and a staff together for 5 years but then you have BD, Bluecoats, Cavies etc.. Hard to speculate at this

juncture..

I watched the vid a few more times last night and you know what? I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm actually starting to change my mind about it. Still not 100%, but man, ONLY SCV can take a score that I'm not even fond of and make me like it. They have my ultimate respect for that. worthy.gif

• Like 3

Oh Yeah - got a look from a couple of unnamed sources (you know who you are and I thank you!).

Absolutely love it! It's so great to hear a melodic idea being allowed to develop before being chopped and bopped into something else just to cram in something else for "the theme". Percussion is amazing, as always. I'm gonna love this on the field!

• Like 1

I've heard crown, cadets, and SCV thus far.. For me, SCV is the most entertaining/my favorite. Love this show!

• Like 1

Hello out there, unnamed sources! I'm dying to hear a bit of the show as well, if it's at all possible. I would be forever in your debt. :)

Hello out there, unnamed sources! I'm dying to hear a bit of the show as well, if it's at all possible. I would be forever in your debt. :)

Goes for me as well. Forever in your debt is an understatement.