Stanford Showdown

The one thing I think people need to keep in mind this early is that there is one thing Blue Devils have over just about everyone else. They know how to finish. Not to say that others can't improve significantly through the season, but BD has maintained virtually the same staff for literaly decades. They have proven that when it comes to the last two weeks nobody closes like BD. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in these early scores. Not to say that Crown or Cadets, or some other corps can't win in August, but if it is close coming down the stretch, my money is on Gibbs, Johnson, Chandler, Downey and the rest of that incredible staff.

If it's close - my money is on Cadets in those sort of seasons. "the object in this mirror is closer than it appears"

Get it Mandarins! I hope they get a late enough slot for me to see that live in ATL after loading our truck. I was thoroughly engaged and entertained.

Success at competition can be measured very differently. Some NBA team's goal is to make the playoffs instead of winning the Championship. They're realistic...and maybe a Championship is something they can set as a goal in the future. But it doesn't mean they've put less of "their whole heart into" it.

Furthermore...you could take anything you have ever done in your life, compare it to somebody else, and come out looking extremely subpar to poor. So based on your logic, why should any of us aspire do anything? Unless we can realistically be the absolute best?

I don't disagree. There are clearly different levels of success and I didn't mean to imply that anyone participating in drum corps wasn't giving it their best. My comments were based on my incorrect assumption that BDC was made of people in their late teens. If that were the case, I think there would be questionable value in having that corps exist. There is a point where you have to realize you just aren't very good at something and are better off doing something that you can be successful at. Given the fact that BDC members are much younger than I assumed, I think there is a ton of value in having it exist. I wish more organizations had the resources to do it.

I thought the Mandarins were a noticeable step up from SCVC and BDB.

• Like 1

Mandarins' narrator sounds like George Takei.

You just ruined the show for me. Seriously though, i liked what I just saw.

• Like 1

Couldn't find anything about the narrator, but here's the story behind the show: Destination America. You'll need to scroll down a bit. Interesting!

Thank you so much