IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SOUTH, YOU CAN GET OUT!!!

1329332775348.jpg

Seriously, though. Hop's holier-than-thou, ungracious attitude is unacceptable, and if I was in charge of that high school, I wouldn't even allow them to stay there in future years.

Edited by mikespeed
  • Like 1

When did Facebook posts become worthy of articles in newspapers? Have we fallen that far as a society that a post from someone who performs daily brain dumps expressing every thought he's had in the past two minutes is now news, right up there with the Kardashians and whomever is currently dating George Clooney?

I mean, it's just a major director in the activity alienating an entire region of the country. Right? What's the big deal?

• Like 3

Even directors of world class Drum Corps need to reminded of what I tell all new students, think about what you’re saying before you press that Post button!!

Well, to be fair to other directors, I'm pretty sure only George has had this problem.

• Like 2

When did Facebook posts become worthy of articles in newspapers? Have we fallen that far as a society that a post from someone who performs daily brain dumps expressing every thought he's had in the past two minutes is now news, right up there with the Kardashians and whomever is currently dating George Clooney?

Posts from the official Facebook page of a group are going to get attention. If DCI posted to their Facebook page a rant from Dan Acheson about how he's tired of putting up with east coast corps directors who can't keep their mouths shut, I'd say that was pretty unprofessional and unnecessary, and I would not be surprised if The Cadets, Hop, and most drum corps fans were upset with Mr Acheson and DCI for posting such a thing.

• Like 2

I'm not arguing about the conditions for touring corps in the South. I'm sure it's cruddy.

Just for the record, I grew up in the south and when a dci show came to my hometown in the 1980's I watched the Cadets practice...at Vanderbilt University.

If those were cruddy conditions it must be palatial elsewhere.

Posts from the official Facebook page of a group are going to get attention. If DCI posted to their Facebook page a rant from Dan Acheson about how he's tired of putting up with east coast corps directors who can't keep their mouths shut, I'd say that was pretty unprofessional and unnecessary, and I would not be surprised if The Cadets, Hop, and most drum corps fans were upset with Mr Acheson and DCI for posting such a thing.

At least has no ammunition for indignation if Acheson or another staff members shoots their mouths off.

There's a silver lining in every cloud. And crowd.