2014 Predictions!

I agree. Winning is winning. If they beat a corps by a point, the other corps still has to start picking off captions to make up that ground.consistently not at one show. Right now, BD is leading in GE and that is big.

TheCHEZman. ????????

A imposter ?

• Like 1

It seem this year they are working in many new judges.

After the show at Ft. Wayne, I saw someone wearing a DCI badge that read either "training judge" or "judge trainee". He was talking with one of the corps directors about how the experience differed from the marching band shows he was used to judging.

Well to be realistic... the judges are not sequestered... :-)

They will talk as much as any of us about who the leaders and contenders are throughout the season. I would assume that judges are fans of the activity.

Hmm...this leads to an excellent topic of conversation. What do you all think about this? I personally think it would be a nice change to have the finals judges be somehow completely unbiased so that the corps all have a completely fair shot at winning it all. However, any real ideas I've had about how to go about this are unrealistic in one way or another. I've had basically 2 ideas which I'll describe below.

1. Having the finals judges sequestered for an entire season...something like the TV show Big Brother...with no contact with the outside world of any sort that would allow them to know anything about a show before watching it for the first time on Finals night. The obvious problem with this is that each corps reveals their show concept for the season sporadically and not all at a designated time. Also, many of these judges would be unable to do this because of other jobs they have. Being fans of the activity themselves, I also can't see very many agreeing to this rule as it would mean them having to miss out an entire season themselves.

2. Having the corps all perform with a common uniform so that their visual identities will not play a role in the judges decisions. Problems: Doing this one without the first one would have no impact whatsoever as the judges will already know who is playing what anyway. Also, the corps' visual identities often also play a huge part in GE depending on what they decide to do with the uniform for the season (i.e. Phantom wouldn't be able to do the uniform change.) But there are also some not-uniform-related things that could also give away corps identities anyway (i.e. Vanguard's traditions).

2.1. Perhaps a rule requiring show-specific uniforms (at least for finals) that give no hints toward their usual visual identities so that GE is not impacted as much? Ofcourse, this would still only work if the first one was in play.

Edited by spikebizkit

snapback.png

This is just speculation from the little info I have. It is based purely on show themes that seem most intriguing to me.

1. Blue Devils - I am really exited for this corp. Finally a theme that they can really fly with. I believe it will get a response that has been lacking for the last couple of years.
2. Crown - I don't know what the show is so I'll base it on the momentum from last year.
3. Bluecoats - Hymn of Acxiom. Nothing else to say.
4. Cadets - Delving into what has worked in the past will pay off and could easily be two or three.
5. Cavaliers - Back in the top five with a dark but entertaining show.
6. SCV - How will it be any different? Out of ideas?
7. Phantom - Another female theme. Seriously. Is that their new thing.
8. BAC - Got nothing, but it seems a good place for them.
9. Blue Stars - About time. Not since "The Factory" have they captured emotion, and I think this one will.
10.Blue Knights - Hopefully no big blue balls.
11.Madison - This show could soar, could easily be as high as eighth.
12.Troopers - After last year, they will not settle for anything less than finals. Good theme that fits them.

13.Colts - Will be on the Troopers heels and could flip flop easily with them.
14.Pacific Crest - Underestimated horn line past several show. Solid showing.
15.SOA - Biggest fall. Out of ideas. Word is poor showings and lackluster energy at camps. Hope it is not true. Could be another PERIPHERY.
16.Crossmen - Should have put them ahead of Spirit.
17.Academy - Know nothing.

This is what I think. Just mine. For the record, I am a fan of all the corps. It's like ranking SEC football. Even the worst is good. "War Eagle".

Revised :

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. BAC

11. Madison

12. Crossman

13. Troopers

14. Colts

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Pacific Crest

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Academy

19. Mandarins

Throw in open class. Two open class will reach as high as 17.

After the show at Ft. Wayne, I saw someone wearing a DCI badge that read either "training judge" or "judge trainee".

I need to make me up one of these to wear for future shows.

Here's my prediction:

1. Incognito

2. Blue stars

3. Cavaliers----the mid-season addition of Lebron to staff proves to be a slam dunk

4. Blue Devils

5. Star of Indiana

6. Gold (gold could make a move on star however)

7. California Chrome

8. California Crown

9. The illuminatis

10. Fredericksburg Freemasons

11. The Cadets

12. Carolina Crown----their show will peak too soon and burn up upon re-entry into earths atmosphere

13. Troopers----Custers last stand won't be enough to make top 12

14. Cadevaliers

15. Academy

16. Pacific Crest

17. Mandarins

18. Bluecoats

19. Allentown Apes

• Like 1

Here's my prediction:

1. Incognito

2. Blue stars

3. Cavaliers----the mid-season addition of Lebron to staff proves to be a slam dunk

4. Blue Devils

5. Star of Indiana

6. Gold (gold could make a move on star however)

7. California Chrome

8. California Crown

9. The illuminatis

10. Fredericksburg Freemasons

11. The Cadets

12. Carolina Crown----their show will peak too soon and burn up upon re-entry into earths atmosphere

13. Troopers----Custers last stand won't be enough to make top 12

14. Cadevaliers

15. Academy

16. Pacific Crest

17. Mandarins

18. Bluecoats

19. Allentown Apes

This makes as much sense as anything else I've seen.

But BRASSO is not going to be happy about Cadeviliers being picked 14th.

• Like 1

Here's my prediction:

14. Cadevaliers

No Way!

As we head into the Texas portion of tour how many of you need to revise your predictions? Looks like SCV wants to be standing on that podium before the Atlanta regional.

Irving

Fan of the Arts