2014 Predictions!

Don't forget Colts! There are 6 corps battling for placement in the 13 - 18 spots.

The open class judging, like in Manchester, has been all over the place. It will sort itself out in Indy.

I like Colts show this year, quite a bit, but for whatever reason it seems like they are stuck at the back of the group competitively.

I like Colts show this year, quite a bit, but for whatever reason it seems like they are stuck at the back of the group competitively.

Hopefully that will change this week and they can take the yellow brick road past some of these groups.

Imagine if BD, Cadets, and Bloo came out in a three-way tie on finals night.

Indianapolis would be consumed in riots.

No one will tie or beat BD ths year.

These were my picks on June 5th.

Posted by boxingfred on 05 June 2014 - 11:42 AM in DCI World Class Corps Discussions

1. Crown- They have to get their percussion in line with the rest of the corps!
  2. Devils- Didn't they do a "Felliniesque" show in 2012? But, I doubt they'll fall out of the top 3.
  3. SCV- If Scheherazade is as good as it was 10 years ago, They should medal!
  4. Cadets- If the Cadets captions are as strong as they were last year, They could land anywhere in the top three.
  5. Bloooo- They always seem to be right on the edge of the top 2 or 3 shows!
  6. Phantom- Swan Lake is beautiful, Can Phantom make it intense and exciting?
  7. Madison- This Should be an Exciting show! Hopefully as exciting as the Madison I remember in the 80's!
  8. Cavaliers- ??? I hope they're great. I miss the Cavaliers that competed for titles!
  9. Boston- Keeps getting better but, They really have to step out to make the judges take notice!
  10. Blue Knights- Seems they can't crawl out of #10
  11. Spirit- I see them as high as #9
  12. Troopers- Troopers are always my sentimental favorite to make finals
  13. Blue Stars- Probably as high as 10.
  14. Crossmen- Maybe they'll squeeze into 12?
  15. Colts
  16. Oregon
  17. Crest
  18. Academy
  19. Mandarins
  20. SCVC
  21. BDB
  22. Surf

I think the corps currently in 13-18 will have a great battle, but none of them will make it to the top 12. I think OC could climb as high as 14th before Semi-finals is over. Only because they are the least clean corps of all of these 5 corps. They have 2 rehearsel days now before Atlanta. It should be interesting.

No one will tie or beat BD ths year.

"Imagine if" is not "this will happen".

Some posters have made a good suggestion on this thread for us to revisit this thread in a few weeks when the season is over to see how we did on our preseason predictions. I think that could be a fun exercise, as nobody really knows much of anything at all on these Corps right now, so these predictions are all for sheets and giggles, really. Most here probably will be embarrassed on their preseason predictions, myself included. With that being said, I 'll make some generalized preseason predictions here and actually hope that I am found to be mostly wrong and completely embarrassed by how thoroughly wrong I will be shown to be on these predictions of mine. Anyway, here goes:

From 2013 to 2014, of the 25 Corps that will compete in this season's Semi Finals :

A) No more than one of them will be a new Corps from 2013 that makes the Top 12.

B) No more than one Corps of these 25 will finish more than 5 placement positions removed from last season's finish.

C) No more than 3 Corps of the 25 will finish more than 3 placement positions removed from last season.

D) Of these 25 Corps, only one of the trifecta of Crown/ Blue Devils/ Cadets will win the 2014 Title.

E) Whichever Corps wins the Semi Finals, they will also go out and perform and win the Title the next evening among the other 11 Corps that they will compete against that evening.

F) The Blue Devils and Crown will both at least medal.

G) Whichever Corps wins the 2014 Title, we will find that they finished no lower than runner up in Guard as well that evening.

F) The 2015 season DCP placement prediction thread will start from another poster here on DCP within a week of the completion of the 2014 season.

Anyway, these are my 8 DCP preseason predictions. As someone that likes variety in DCI placements from year to year, I am hoping that I will be proven wrong on every one of my predictions and will be totally embarrassed and with egg on my face come the end of August, 2014.

F above looks in some jeopardy unless Crown improves here the last 3 weeks.

It took me a few readings to realize....THERE ARE TWO Fs IN THAT LIST! :confused:

• Like 1