Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

I also did not like the alien head in the end of Crown's show.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

I have a feeling that you would love the cadets show if it glorified the tea party. Lets keep the craziness somewhere else okay?

• Like 6

There was quite the uproar from a group of ageouts in my theater when the announcers brought up the instrumentation rule change. Many of them were sighing and shaking their heads during the trombone and horn features. So there you go, it's not just DCP that is upset with this change.

Bluecoats had my favorite show of the year, but then I understood Bostons show so I can easily say that BAC has my favorite show of the year

There was quite the uproar from a group of ageouts in my theater when the announcers brought up the instrumentation rule change. Many of them were sighing and shaking their heads during the trombone and horn features. So there you go, it's not just DCP that is upset with this change.

Unless they're DCP posters!

Haha true!

But from what I heard it seemed like this was the first that they had heard of this rule change, so I would bet they're not. It was impossible to post here WITHOUT knowing about the change when it was announced.

I don't really expect it'll come to much. Trombones make visual tough to deal with, and marching with an actual french horn is insanely difficult. It'll remain soloistic is my guess.

i wasnt at the theater, but saw the recap going around Facebook. man oh man.

and of course Hop is asking everyone to give the guy a break.

Sure after he probably had the caption head on speed dial yelling about it

If you want new judges in DCI - and I do - you need to start somewhere. So I guess I'm with Hop on this one. He had a rough night in Akron, did better in Bowling Green.

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

I also did not like the alien head in the end of Crown's show.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

You see, I actually understood where he was coming from with the first few lines... and then I got to the cavaliers comment and figured he was being poetic... and then I got to the last line, and now I know this guy is a little... tilted...

• Like 2

The high school kids at my theater were cheering when they saw the french horn soloist, likely because they're horn players and were glad to see their horn on the field.

Which is to say that, outside of the context of DCP/alumni/old farts/etc., some people are quite happy with the change.

I feel like that one kid that isn't in on the joke.

I've watched Bluecoats several times now and it's a good show....and I'm trying really hard for it to click like it has for everyone else, but so far it's not doing it.

I'm disappointed honestly. I now know how those people that didn't get Crown last year felt. I'll give a few more reads.

• Like 1