Instauration in Indy: 6/18

and a tenor... I was just saying that the first show can be a bit iffy... if in a week or two Crown is 0.1 off Cadets in percussion then I'd say that's a great sign for their drums... Just let's all give it a while. A week at least until any of us read to much into this

It seems that people aren't doing that for the Cavaliers brass performance tonight. :tounge2:

• Like 2

EVERYBODY'S moving up this year.

Well, it get's better and better EVERY year, right? :withstupid:

There seems to be a skip in the feed: as it plays on my computer (and I've rewound it three times), the announcer put Crown in third place, skips second, and goes to Cadets in first. The timer doesn't show any gap, but everyone shifts ever so slightly.

There seems to be a skip in the feed: as it plays on my computer (and I've rewound it three times), the announcer put Crown in third place, skips second, and goes to Cadets in first. The timer doesn't show any gap, but everyone shifts ever so slightly.

I got the same thing.

Not for me as of yet...

Me neither. I simply just cannot stand narration. I have yet to find a show where it enhanced anything.

• Like 1

I watched high camera only. Troopers could go as high as tenth or as low as fifteenth with that show. I thought they were in remarkably good shape. As several other people said, their brass arguably was stronger than Cavaliers’; too bad no brass judge tonight (but they were close behind Cavs in GE Music-performance and Music Analysis-achievement. Troopers’ pit was overbearing at times, and could learn a lot from Cavs’ pit, obviously. Cavs’ show is a bit arid now, but has a lot of potential. Phantom Regiment’s costume change, going to all black and starting with the battery, reminded me at first of Buccaneers’ “The Black Symphony”, and then when half the corps was in black and half not, of Cadets’ “Angels and Demons”. Regiment’s show gets better as it goes; the first half is muddy; please reduce the amount of synth! Overall, better than I expected. Cadets play and march beautifully, but sometimes it’s like the drum corps exists as the backdrop for the spoken word; plus at least from my perspective through video, the sound of the speaker’s voice is terribly mixed: like it’s coming from somewhere else other than where he’s standing. And the stage means not only that the corps always has to be at least as far back as the numbers, or to the side, but also that the corps sometimes seems to be down in a hole. And I would prefer not to mix his voice with archival recordings (especially since there are none of Lincoln—still, would love for Cadets to use the Ethan Allen privy joke from the movie Lincoln). In Crown, is the countdown voice live or prerecorded? The former, I hope. The trampolines ought to have stars painted round the edge or something else to make them visually more interesting. The drill at the beginning of the muffler feature reminds me of Blue Knights’ “Avian”. Not enough happens during that break, and the trumpet feature with synth accompaniment, at the moment, is rather dull particularly when it starts. And just when I thought the interweaving running drill on the left side during the battery feature was very impressive, down went two tubas. I hope they’re OK.

Me neither. I simply just cannot stand narration. I have yet to find a show where it enhanced anything.

I'm still indifferent towards narration. I usually tune it out whenever I watch a show nowadays. The concepts of shows are the catalyst to either sway me or turn me off.

I simply just cannot stand narration. I have yet to find a show where it enhanced anything.

Bluecoats' "Criminal", Crown's "Triple Crown", Crown's "e=mc2", and Phantom's 2008 "Spartacus". For me, anyway.