Instauration in Indy: 6/18

Ok , fair enough. I know a few submarine pitchers in baseball that had a poor delivery too. I'd give them a C- in delivery too ( or worse ). But if they can keep runners off the base baths, they can deliver the pitch to home plate any way they want to as far as I'm concerned.

Oh gawd, I wish I was into baseball enough to fully appreciate that. I grew up in a town with a Cooper's stadium, but I never grew up in Cooper's Town.

I've always thought sitting around for 40 minutes while people filed in to a stadium at 90 bpm using the yardlines as ranks, then listening to scores get announced, then the dm coming forward for each group,etc, etc, etc, was long, overdone, and boring as heck.

Lots of fans find something to be bored as heck with, at shows. Your boring list here might be just a tad different than some others, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

And you have come to this conclusion.. how exactly ?

Aha! I knew the third time would get some response. Didn't it kind of suck to have a 5 corps show on opening night and no encore? I know the rain slowed things down a bit, but we're not talking about a super late evening here.

Aha! I knew the third time would get some response. Didn't it kind of suck to have a 5 corps show on opening night and no encore? I know the rain slowed things down a bit, but we're not talking about a super late evening here.

The show did get pushed back an hour, right? They may have nixed the encore to try to keep groups close to their planned ETAs for their next destination. Especially considering many of them are going from central Indiana to eastern Ohio overnight tonight. That's no short trip.

The narrator is quite good (although his costume is goofy) and I find the attempts to cut between him and recorded material really awkward. Like Crown did last year, I think they should trust their performer and let him tell us what Lincoln, Roosevelt and Kennedy said.

I concur. He's good enough to hold the show together. There's no need for the soundbites.

The show did get pushed back an hour, right? They may have nixed the encore to try to keep groups close to their planned ETAs for their next destination. Especially considering many of them are going from central Indiana to eastern Ohio overnight tonight. That's no short trip.

While that may be true, I find it to be a cop out. There's not even a show tomorrow. While my Fan Network price wasn't affected, if I were a ticket buyer tonight, I would be disappointed. I know some view it as an "extra", but this us a traditional and yes, expected, element of a drum corps show. At least in my 30 some years of watching and performing in shows. I do agree that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances. I just don't buy it tonight.

• Like 1

brief thoughts...Troop better than the score. Cavies have my attention...usual gimmicky moments but more percussion based than visual...seems to be a story that needs fleshed out more...Phantom...well that cant be the ending, need to see it more....Cadets...love the music. a lot of the sound clips not audible online, stage distracting as hell....Crown...technically good, but needs to connect the dots so GE grows.

can't argue the scores..5 man panel, someone's strength gets left out. it's June

While that may be true, I find it to be a cop out. There's not even a show tomorrow. While my Fan Network price wasn't affected, if I were a ticket buyer tonight, I would be disappointed. I know some view it as an "extra", but this us a traditional and yes, expected, element of a drum corps show. At least in my 30 some years of watching and performing in shows. I do agree that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances. I just don't buy it tonight.

The thing is, it is opening night. There should be a full retreat with lots of extras. This was a weak start.

The thing is, it is opening night. There should be a full retreat with lots of extras. This was a weak start.

Considering how much the corps have to travel, I think it's good that they're putting the corps members first. I think we can live without one encore.

Considering how much the corps have to travel, I think it's good that they're putting the corps members first. I think we can live without one encore.

For the people who that is their only show, an encore is nice.

That's one thing I really miss. Well, I miss full retreat and corps playing themselves off. If they do away with encore, it's just one step closer to being a regular marching band show instead of a spectacular.

• Like 1