TOC- THE exSIGHTment OF SOUND; Houston, TX

So good news for the Bluecoats, they didn't take first in any caption, yet still placed 2nd. I think this shows how strong and consistent their program is across every caption. It also means they have room to improve in every caption. Some other interesting things are the the guard content and achievement scores for crown. 2nd in content (or whatever sbst is, substance?) yet 5th in achievement. Blue devils have caught up to their vis prof and analysis content scores, which I assume means they need to add more, while crown, coats, and scv are all 2-4 points below, meaning they need to clean. With scores so high this early in the season, I worry that blue devils score will start to stagnate, and it is possible that may lower morale enough for another corps to pass the up.

You're reaching with the last part. If someone passes BD, which is possible, if not probable, it'll be based on how they performed, not because BD had "low morale."

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2

This is shaping up to be a great run to finals!

• Like 1

I worry that blue devils score will start to stagnate, and it is possible that may lower morale enough for another corps to pass the up.

You know nothing about the Blue Devils. Trust me when I tell you that if they do get passed, it would do absolutely nothing to their morale, which has been of the highest order since 1973.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

Stop hating on BD, they have an awesome show this year, and it was super clean tonight. Also, I will bandwagon all I want on Bluecoats show - it's phenomenal.

• Like 2

At this point, it's looking like the only thing likely to slow down the Blue Devils is the impossibility of scoring over 100.

You're reaching with the last part. If someone passes BD, which is possible, if not probable, it'll be based on how they performed, not because BD had "low morale."

You are correct, I guess I let my hopes come out in what was supposed to be an objective post. I am curious how BD's scores progress though. They don't have much room for their score to increase, 9 possible points in 20 days. I wonder if it will be a steady increase, or a fast jumps with stagnant periods.

Edit: Btw, I have a lot of respect for BD. Even if I wasn't a fan of their show last year, I certainly appreciated their technique and skill.

Edited by Clutchtow

Tonight's show was I think the best weather ever for The exSightment of Sound. Breezy and not too humid at all. Maybe mid 70's. Perfect.

Overall, I thought Blue Devils had the best show. The guard was the best.

Second place overall I have to give to Santa Clara. Really great show and with their new ending, it really added up. But I think they need to tie up some loose ends on the ending with something. Yes the trombones make a second appearance near the end of the show.

I have to say myself, I thought Cavaliers had a really great show. I liked it better than Bluecoats and Crown.

But I have to say I was disappointed in Phantom. It just left me flat. The colors were depressing is what comes to me first. It just was not a top 7 show. They just did not stand out at all. I think the arrangement of Swan Lake was.... "the usual".

You are correct, I guess I let my hopes come out in what was supposed to be an objective post. I am curious how BD's scores progress though. They don't have much room for their score to increase, 9 possible points in 20 days. I wonder if it will be a steady increase, or a fast jumps with stagnant periods.

Edit: Btw, I have a lot of respect for BD. Even if I wasn't a fan of their show last year, I certainly appreciated their technique and skill.

I would agree that it'll be interesting to see how the BD caption scores play out. DCI always makes it interesting.

At this point, it's looking like the only thing likely to slow down the Blue Devils is the impossibility of scoring over 100.

Actually I have to say this.

I love this drum corps and being an alumni since fall of 1970 and parent for the last two years. It's a great show. I love love love it.. But I don't think this is their best show ever. 2010 is!

• Like 1