Show ideas for next year's corps?

Madison to do their 95' show again. Let the kids that haven't experienced a real exciting Drum Corps show see what one is. Multiple standing ovations, had the crowds in a frenzy. Never seen anything like it. Drum Corps BADLY needs a injection of intensity and excitement again, get the people off their butts! I don't go to DC shows to see whatever BS that was that Devils put on the field this year. (Sorry, seriously NOT a fan of it...at all....).

• Like 1

WHAT

brb arranging the entire Don Ellis catalog for jazz and marching band

Heh, I don't know if it's quite that simple, but I know I've read that Objective Music, his company that held the rights to his compositions were pretty clear on that issue. I don't know if you as an individual selling the arrangements would get away so easy, but the school performing the arrangements wouldn't be paying through the nose....

Madison to do their 95' show again. Let the kids that haven't experienced a real exciting Drum Corps show see what one is. Multiple standing ovations, had the crowds in a frenzy. Never seen anything like it. Drum Corps BADLY needs a injection of intensity and excitement again, get the people off their butts! I don't go to DC shows to see whatever BS that was that Devils put on the field this year. (Sorry, seriously NOT a fan of it...at all....).

I guess everyone has different tastes. I'm not a big one for a constant upbeat shows that are programmed to be loud and nothing else. I like to see variety within a show, you know showing a variety of different skills. I found BD 2014 as entertaining as Scouts 95 (well maybe slightly more than Scouts 95)

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment - Overture to the opera "Ruslan and Lyudmila" by Mikhail Glinka. If they could pull off those opening riffs they'd blow 'em away! And those 5 deep pump notes about a minute in (I picture the score in the low strings/brass as 2 eighth notes, quarter rest, 2 eighth notes, quarter rest, whole - but just guessing) - I can't imagine any other corps playing that - they just sound so Phantom to me.

You know that Xmen opened with that chart in 83 and 84, right? And I think Geneseo Knights as well.

Did the Blue Devils murder your dog?

Seriously though, just because something was received well in the past doesn't mean it will be in the future. I did enjoy '95 Scouts though (one of my favorites), but I enjoy seeing a variety of shows on the field more.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 2

I'm begging and pleading with the Blue Devils to go retro and give us a "hybrid" old school / new school show with OS traditional :bluedevil: jazz, the OS :bluedevil: uniform, no props and no artsy fartsy BS, just old school :bluedevil: music combined with new school up tempo drill. Do F-Tuning for the pre-show. Theme the show as "Past and Present......The Old meets the New." :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

I'm begging and pleading with the Blue Devils to go retro and give us a "hybrid" old school / new school show with OS traditional :bluedevil: jazz, the OS :bluedevil: uniform, no props and no artsy fartsy BS, just old school :bluedevil: music combined with new school up tempo drill. Do F-Tuning for the pre-show. Theme the show as "Past and Present......The Old meets the New." :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sort of a "Something Old, Something New, In some ways Borrowed...BUT IN ALL WAYS BLUE!!" type of thing???

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2