Too soon for SCV "Phantom of the Opera" reboot?

as long as SCV keeps hitting the replay button, they'll keep putting me to sleep.

where's the EDGE, vanguard?

for me, at least, that's what Vanguard has always been.

it's a shame too because technically the corps is rebounding.

but the programming the last 2 years has been a snore-fest.

flame away DCP.

• Like 1

as long as SCV keeps hitting the replay button, they'll keep putting me to sleep.

flame away DCP.

Stay asleep! It is your loss!

• Like 1

YES, there's more you can do today,lighting,video screens, more electronics, more can probably be done with the theme All those extras are coming soon, I have absolutely no doubt of that. The magic trick was very cool at the time, EASY to figure out but nonetheless very cool for the time. A little creativeness in 2015 I'm sure there can be some cool effects, Not that I want to hear another rehash from SCV. I said it before , I would not be surprised to see a rehash of FIDDLER, going wayyyyyyyy back and a part of the SCV history. Who knows, I personally thought the Devils Staircase was so cool and different for them and never got the credit it deserved. :shutup:

That was a great show, that was interesting visually, but the hornline was a bit of a weak link which was a drag on the show. My opinion is that SCV should do some "Vanguarding" before going back to their history. However, they've been rising based on updating classic shows.

flame away DCP.

Careful, you may cut yourself with your edginess.

As much as I would love to a see a re-boot of this, what advantage does is have for SCV to do it? The '88-'89 shows are legendary and with how our expectations have grown SCV would absolutely have to nail the design and execution or it would be a major let down to everyone.

Granted I have never heard the music from the sequel to Love Never Dies...but there you could safely pull hints from the past before delving into new territory. I might just be talking out of backside here if that music outright sucks...

The risk of returning POTO to the field is too much for the reward unless it is approached with an old school attitude of "scores be ######, we are going to give the audience exactly what they want."

As much as I would love to a see a re-boot of this, what advantage does is have for SCV to do it? The '88-'89 shows are legendary and with how our expectations have grown SCV would absolutely have to nail the design and execution or it would be a major let down to everyone.

Granted I have never heard the music from the sequel to Love Never Dies...but there you could safely pull hints from the past before delving into new territory. I might just be talking out of backside here if that music outright sucks...

The risk of returning POTO to the field is too much for the reward unless it is approached with an old school attitude of "scores be ######, we are going to give the audience exactly what they want."

I'm so confused why you think the scores/design of a past show will affect their scores in the future

Maybe my intent was not clear...to me the risk of doing POTO now, it would be almost impossible to live up to expectations.