Cadets 2015

Now, Chaddyt, you forgot the bigger news about the selections from Shostakovitch's Lady MacBeth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRB5mjocF0s&feature=youtu.be

Note in the vids that George said 10 tubas (but there are 15 at second camp in vid., 14 at time) at one point 10 bass drums, at another 10 sets of quads. Beast of a baritone line and majestic mellos.

But what is the surprise going to be with those twenty trumpets???

Ah June is still 6 months away.

Hop released a vid updating on camp progress and show design. Apparently might be a "little bit" of speaking in the show now.

Dude you had me freaking out. He states "maybe a little bit, but for us... those who are not voice enthusiasts will probably be relieved..."

That doesn't really put concrete plans on having voice. If I'm wrong come June, I will gladly eat humble pie.

• Like 1

I think he likes to taunt us. I'm getting more of a feeling of 2013. Amazing music and hopefully Jeff takes the reigns on this one and creates a visual masterpiece. I think this will be a monster corps again come August. Fast, frenzied and dark. Cadets at their best.

Edited by Tobias

Have to say no one in the marching world rivals Cadets in terms of telling you what their intent is with their show. Seems like every year after 2010 we get more and more information about what the show is and what they want to portray. Like the shows or not, Hopkins and team lets you know what they're doing. Very admirable.

Concerning the video, love what he has to say, particularly about being able to get the show the first time that you see it along with there being some underlying stuff that's there to find. I love shows that are fan friendly, but that have some stuff there for you if you're willing to dig.

I agree with what has been said about it sounding like a 2013 esque show, broad theme, amazing music, and a visual motif throughout. Which I'm fine with, 2013's music book is just......wow. Again, I'm really excited about what I've seen so far.

Disappointed if there are really only 10 tubas. Probably less natural bass sound, which hasn't had much presence in the Cadets since the synths were added, though.

Disappointed if there are really only 10 tubas. Probably less natural bass sound, which hasn't had much presence in the Cadets since the synths were added, though.

Quantity isn't always better than quality.