Cadets 2015

You could be right...hope so! Actually, the Copland book they played in 2014 was diabolically challenging, given their field coverage and the known difficulty of playing Copland in tune and getting the intervals balanced in his chord structures....it's not how many notes you play....it's how well you play those notes. All kinds of respect for the talents of Bocook and Sacktig.

I hope they don't try to hopelessly spread the corps out on the field like they did this past summer throughout the show and especially in the closer. The arrangements themselves, however, were good.

I hope they don't try to hopelessly spread the corps out on the field like they did this past summer throughout the show and especially in the closer. The arrangements themselves, however, were good.

I agree...had the Cadets staged their final Simple Gifts sequence at the front 1/3 of the field or closer to the front, the impact would have been much more focused and powerful. Compare to Blue Devils who performed their most powerful licks practically in the lap of the crowd.

From the musical selection and clips so far, I get the sense that the Cadets, after what happened on finals night, are licking their wounds and ready to come back with a vengeance in 2015.

Edited by brichtimp

I have a strong feeling that given all the notes the brass has, for the sake of clarity, they won't be spread too far out on the field. But that's just me talking.

You could be right...hope so! Actually, the Copland book they played in 2014 was diabolically challenging, given their field coverage and the known difficulty of playing Copland in tune and getting the intervals balanced in his chord structures....it's not how many notes you play....it's how well you play those notes. All kinds of respect for the talents of Bocook and Sacktig.

I can see this music presenting similar challenges to the Cadets that 2014's music presented to Crown. Crown ultimately had to simplify some parts of their music in order to get it clean. Hopefully they will create their drill in such a way that those adjustments won't be necessary.

• Like 1