Carolina Crown 2015

Crown's rep and comp scores suggest trouble down the road...

Yup, to elaborate:

On July 5th (Full Panel):

Blue Devils - 2.2 points between content and achievement.

The Cadets - 1.6 points between content and achievement.

Carolina Crown - .7 points between content and achievement.

July 4th (Partial Panel):

The Cadets - 1.3 points between content and achievement.

July 2nd (Full Panel):

Blue Devils - 1.2 points between content and achievement.

The Cadets - 2.7 points between content and achievement.

Carolina Crown - .7 points between content and achievement, they out performed the content in both GE captions and percussion.

The writing is pretty clear on the wall. Crown is performing like a champion, but there is FAR less room for them to grow right now. IF they have some pretty big changes in the works,they could very well be in the mix, however if it's just the last 30 seconds or so, I don't think that's enough. If they keep layering and change big chunk of the ending, they'll be in the mix. However you have Cadets taking off 6 days to probably implement their new ending and other changes, you can bet BD is working to try and fix the issues in their show that are keeping their content numbers lower than last year. Also heard SCV is going to have some changes (though that was a week or so ago, couldn't tell if those went in), and I would bet on Bluecoats changing their ending and layering some more. Just for funsies, Bluecoats, SCVs, and Cavaliers content numbers in their two recent competitions:

Whitewater Classic (Full Panel):

Bluecoats - 1.8 in favor of content.

Santa Clara Vanguard - 1.8 in favor of content.

The Cavaliers - 2.6 in favor of content.

Show of Shows/Celebration in Brass (for Vanguard)

Bluecoats - 1.1 in favor of content.

Santa Clara Vanguard - 1.1 in favor of content.

The Cavaliers - 1.7 in favor of content.

Best case scenario, Crown changes/adds enough to help their content, and it helps them more than other corps changes, and they start beating corps that are looking top 2/3 level. Worst case scenario, they continue to stay close to those corps now, but after San Antonio everyone starts cleaning up and the performance scores no longer compensate for the lower content scores. If I was a betting man, I'd say Crown will be perfectly fine, but it all depends on what they do with their show. Like I said, those numbers are there, and they're consistent night to night. Right on top in performance, bottom of their grouping in content. There's a corps from Illinois behind them with A LOT of room to grow.

If it was just the ending, Cadets would be getting hit too for their tag TEN abrupt ending (I KNOW IT'S PLACEHOLDER). IMO it's not just the ending. Keep layering, changing the rest as well. In my personal opinion, not claiming total expert. Just reading the recaps.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Yup, to elaborate:

On July 5th (Full Panel):

Blue Devils - 2.2 points between content and achievement.

The Cadets - 1.6 points between content and achievement.

July 4th (Partial Panel):

The Cadets - 1.3 points between content and achievement.

July 2nd (Full Panel):

Blue Devils - 1.2 points between content and achievement.

The Cadets - 2.7 points between content and achievement.

Carolina Crown - .7 points between content and achievement, they out performed the content in both GE captions and percussion.

The writing is pretty clear on the wall. Crown is performing like a champion, but there is FAR less room for them to grow right now. IF they have some pretty big changes in the works,they could very well be in the mix, however if it's just the last 30 seconds or so, I don't think that's enough. If they keep layering and change big chunk of the ending, they'll be in the mix. However you have Cadets taking off 6 days to probably implement their new ending and other changes, you can bet BD is working to try and fix the issues in their show that are keeping their content numbers lower than last year. Also heard SCV is going to have some changes (though that was a week or so ago, couldn't tell if those went in), and I would bet on Bluecoats changing their ending and layering some more. Just for funsies, Bluecoats, SCVs, and Cavaliers content numbers in their two recent competitions:

Whitewater Classic (Full Panel):

Bluecoats - 1.8 in favor of content.

Santa Clara Vanguard - 1.8 in favor of content.

The Cavaliers - 2.6 in favor of content.

Show of Shows/Celebration in Brass (for Vanguard)

Bluecoats - 1.1 in favor of content.

Santa Clara Vanguard - 1.1 in favor of content.

The Cavaliers - 1.7 in favor of content.

Best case scenario, Crown changes/adds enough to help their content, and it helps them more than other corps changes, and they start beating corps that are looking top 2/3 level. Worst case scenario, they continue to stay close to those corps now, but after San Antonio everyone starts cleaning up and the performance scores no longer compensate for the lower content scores. If I was a betting man, I'd say Crown will be perfectly fine, but it all depends on what they do with their show. Like I said, those numbers are there, and they're consistent night to night. Right on top in performance, bottom of their grouping in content. There's a corps from Illinois behind them with A LOT of room to grow.

Great work DMT.

But you are just feeding the conspiracy theorists. .7 difference for Crown by 3 different panels of judges at 3 different shows?

It's either a pattern or a plot!

Edited by xandandl

Great work DMT.

But you are just feeding the conspiracy theorists. .7 difference for Crown by 3 different panels of judges at 3 different shows?

It's either a pattern or a plot!

it's not just the gap between their (Crown's) own achievement (execution) and content/rep scores -- but also the gap between their content/rep scores and the content/rep scores of BD/Cadets

• Like 1

Anyone at the Norwin rehearsal tonight? If so, did you film it? :D

Your new found excitement surprises me :notify: , since a few post earlier you were quick to point out the following:

it's not just the gap between their (Crown's) own achievement (execution) and content/rep scores -- but also the gap between their content/rep scores and the content/rep scores of BD/Cadets

If any current Crown members read this (and I highly doubt you will, since your striving for excellence), keep pushing to be the greatest and don't let anyone still your thunder.

-Carry on!

• Like 1