Fan Network - Why have you forsaken me?

So, I'm curious about the feelings of the remaining brain trust:

The FN is $70 as I understand it. And now there is the reality that it's primary purpose is to provide streaming shows. Any older shows still available are on time-delay and, likely, will diminish in number over time.

So, taking into account the regional and finals shows you're able to attend, is $70 worth seeing 6 or 7 shows live each year? Yes, $10 or $12 per showing, no matter how many friends are viewing on the 60" Visio.

Is it still worth it?

Paying 70 bucks for 2 months is not worth it no. The only reason I bought fan network is because I can use it throughout the whole year. If they take away the archives, they're losing a subscriber.

• Like 1

Given the size and potential scope of the issue, dci wants lawyers to approve everything

It's a prudent action by DCI and a total catch 22 situation. Legal issues on one side and a ###### off fan base on the other...which has the greater potential cost? That's your course of action right there.

It's a prudent action by DCI and a total catch 22 situation. Legal issues on one side and a ###### off fan base on the other...which has the greater potential cost? That's your course of action right there.

Apparently it's only 10% of the fan base that's ###### off.

Not the target market with streaming.

Apparently.

At least they left VK alone....that would be worth rioting for!

Apparently.

Agreeing with you! Point being if it's a small percentage of the fan base that will be ###### off then it's an easy choice to make.

Apparently.

Are you skeptical of the 10% stat or am I misreading your post? Because I'm somewhat skeptical of that stat too.

A publisher is deciding to interpret the laws differently, and as such sent DCI a cease and desist order

Gotcha.

Sucks not being in the know about how things operate, but that would at least make some sense.

So, I'm curious about the feelings of the remaining brain trust:

The FN is $70 as I understand it. And now there is the reality that it's primary purpose is to provide streaming shows. Any older shows still available are on time-delay and, likely, will diminish in number over time.

So, taking into account the regional and finals shows you're able to attend, is $70 worth seeing 6 or 7 shows live each year? Yes, $10 or $12 per showing, no matter how many friends are viewing on the 60" Visio.

Is it still worth it?

Not at that price. For me, I like the historical shows being handy.

At least they left VK alone... that would be worth rioting for!

Ah, but they didn't. See my next post, specifically the listings for 1985, 1987, and 1989.

Pardon me quoting myself, but in support of the foregoing comment...

I compared the Fan Network to DCI's Legacy DVDs to see what appears to have been removed. These are the shows now absent from the Fan Network:

6th -- Madison Scouts, "Selections from Jesus Christ Superstar"

3rd -- Blue Devils, "One Hand, One Heart"; 8th -- Phantom Regiment, "Songs from the Eternal City"; 12th -- Colts, "A Cappella Celebration"

1st -- Blue Devils, "As Time Goes By"; 3rd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, "Fog City Sketches"

6th -- Madison Scouts, "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream Part Dos"

2nd -- Cadets, "An American Quintet"; 3rd -- Blue Devils, "Carpe Noctem"

1st -- Blue Devils, "My Spanish Heart"; 2nd -- Cadets, "West Side Story" ;4th -- Cavaliers, "Rituals"

9th -- Bluecoats, "Standards in Blue"

(none)

1st -- Star of Indiana, "Roman Images"; 3rd -- Phantom Regiment, "Phantom Voices"; 6th -- Cadets, "ABCs of Modern Music"

1st -- Cadets, "A Bernstein Celebration"; 12th -- Dutch Boy, (untitled, includes "Strangers in the Night" and "What Kind of Fool Am I")

1st -- Santa Clara Vanguard, "Phantom of the Opera"; 10th -- Freelancers, (untitled, music from "E.T." and "Empire of the Sun"); 11th -- Velvet Knights, (untitled, includes "Sing Sing Sing" and "Round Midnight")

2nd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, "Phantom of the Opera"

7th -- Velvet Knights, "Magical Mystery Tour"; 12th -- Sky Ryders, "West Side Story"

1st -- Blue Devils, (untitled, includes "Channel One Suite" and "Spanish Fantasy"); 6th -- Spirit of Atlanta, (untitled, includes "Sweet Georgia Brown" and music from "The Color Purple"); 7th -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, Includes "Alex's Rag" and "Starlight Express"); 8th -- Star of Indiana (untitled, includes music from "E.T." and "Star Wars"); 10th -- Phantom Regiment (untitled, includes "Merlin the Musician" and "Resurrection Symphony")

1st -- Cadets, (untitled, includes "Jeremiah Symphony" and "Make Our Garden Grow"); 4th -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, includes "Ballet in Brass" and "Rhapsody in Blue"); 11th -- Velvet Knights, (untitled, includes "Peter Gunn" and "Final Analysis")

2nd -- Blue Devils, (untitled, includes "Karn Evil 9" and "Like a Lover"); 3rd -- Santa Clara Vanguard (untitled, includes "Fanfare and Allegro" and "On the Town"); 5th -- Madison Scouts (untitled, includes "Ballet in Brass" and "Memory"); 8th -- Cavaliers (untitled, includes "Don Juan" and "Pines of Rome")

1st -- Cadets, (untitled, "Rocky Point Holiday" and selections from "Mass"); 3rd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "On the Town" and "Appalachian Spring"); 5th -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, includes "Strawberry Soup" and "Memory"); 9th -- Cavaliers, (untitled, includes "Jade" and "Pines of Rome")

2nd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "Capriccio Espagnole" and "Slava"); 11th -- Cavaliers, (untitled, includes "Pines of Rome" and "Ai No Corrida")

3rd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "Slava" and "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"); 7th -- Bridgemen, (untitled, includes "Thunder and Blazes" and "In the Stone"); 9th -- Crossmen, (untitled, includes "Spanish Fantasy" and "Rocky II"); 10th -- Spirit of Atlanta, (untitled, includes "Old Man River" and "Blue Skies"); 11th -- Troopers, (untitled, includes "Central Park" and "En Sueno")

(N.B. Video for this year has always been from DCI Midwest rather than Finals)

1st -- Blue Devils, (untitled, includes "New York Fantasy" and "Pegasus"); 3rd -- Bridgemen, (untitled, includes "Thunder and Blazes" and "Big Noise from Winnetka"); 4th -- Spirit of Atlanta, (untitled, includes "Georgia on My Mind" and "Devil Went Down to Georgia"); 7th -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "Procession of the Nobles" and music from "Evita"); 8th -- Crossmen, (untitled, includes "Spanish Fantasy" and music from "Superman"); 11th -- North Star, (untitled, includes "Hot Consuelo" and "Still")

4th -- Spirit of Atlanta, (untitled, includes "Georgia on My Mind" and "Let It Be Me"); 6th -- Bridgemen, (untitled, includes "Spanish Dreams" and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"); 9th -- North Star, (untitled, includes "Children of Sanchez" and "Good Vibrations"); 10th -- Blue Stars, (untitled, includes "Birdland" and "Strike Up the Band")

3rd -- Blue Devils, (untitled, includes "Spanish Fantasy" and "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor"); 6th -- Spirit of Atlanta, (untitled, includes "Higher and Higher" and "Let It Be Me"); 11th -- Guardsmen, (untitled, includes "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" and "Celebration Suite")

1st -- Blue Devils, (untitled, includes "Channel One Suite" and "Spanish Fantasy"); 3rd -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "Appalachian Spring" and "Make Our Garden Grow"); 5th -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, music from "On the Town" and "West Side Story"); 8th -- Seneca Optimists, (untitled, includes music from "West Side Story" and "Pippin"); 10th -- Kilties, (untitled, includes "McDuffy's March" and music from "Jesus Christ Superstar"); 12th -- Cadets, (untitled, includes "Rite of Spring" and "I Don't Know How to Love Him")

2nd -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, includes "MacArthur Park" and "Rhapsody in Blue"); 9th -- Blue Stars, (untitled, includes "Jaws" and "Malaguena")

1st -- Madison Scouts, (untitled, includes "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" and "The Way We Were"); 8th -- Cavaliers, (untitled, includes "Russian Christmas Music" and "Somewhere"); 12th -- Troopers, (untitled, includes "Tubular Bells" and music from "How the West Was Won")

1st -- Santa Clara Vanguard, (untitled, includes "Candide" and "Send in the Clowns"); 3rd -- Kingsmen, (untitled, includes "Dance at the Gym" and "Symphonie Fantastique")

(For this year, there were only three full performances (all from Pelims) on the DVD in the first place.)