My impression? A body.

Looks like someone doing a spinkick. Very interesting picture!

The Bluecoats present their 2015 program "Kinetic Noise"!

Edited by Tobias

The Bluecoats present their 2015 program "Kinetic Noise"!

it sounds intriguing. It'll be interesting to see what the Bluecoats follow up last years very appealing show with, for this season. It was also good to see the Bluecoats finally get their due with their drumline last year. I've like their Percussion arranging for a few years now, and they took that outstanding arranging up even another notch last season, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

it sounds intriguing. It'll be interesting to see what the Bluecoats follow up last years very appealing show with, for this season. It was also good to see the Bluecoats finally get their due with their drumline last year. I've like their Percussion arranging for a few years now, and they took that outstanding arranging up even another notch last season, imo.

I'm not a percussion guy and I rarely actively notice what the percussion is doing during a show. But their line and book last year really got my attention. They sounded amazing. Only a few drumlines (like Cadets 2013) have been able to get my attention like that.

I'm not a percussion guy and I rarely actively notice what the percussion is doing during a show. But their line and book last year really got my attention. They sounded amazing. Only a few drumlines (like Cadets 2013) have been able to get my attention like that.

They also staged the percussion very well.

They also staged the percussion very well.

Correct.....and, the top 4 or 5 percussion sections each had outstanding books and tremendous talent. I especially liked the Bluecoats' front ensemble...superb mallet playing and musicianship! With respect to staging, the Cadets battery, arguably quite similar in talent to the 2013 section, was never doing their good stuff within 5 yards of the front sideline like other top lines in 2014, instead integrated into the overall ensemble fabric and drill all over the field. That said, the technical and physical abilities of the top percussion sections were jaw dropping at times.

Repertoire:

• Shaker Loops - Jon Anderson
  • Electric Counterpoint - Steve Reich
  • Woods - Bon Iver
  • Gene Takes a Drink - Michael Gordon
  • The Animated Description of Mr. Maps - The Books
  • Dense - Univers Zero
Edited by Cappybara