Probably shouldve waited until tomorrow until posting that but im sure someone will decipher meaning from my half asleep, half caffeine high late night diabolical scheming. Now to take over the world and lower gas prices by 3 dollars.

Unfortunately much worse.

I had hoped that just not liking the previously announced pieces could be ignored with the other works being more likable. Unfortunately I disliked each of the other announced works.

Shaker Loops reminded me of what I disliked about Crown '13.

Electric Counterpoint just seemed like stagnant music that didn't go anywhere.

Gene Takes A Drink had the exact same feeling.

and The Animated Description of Mr. Maps just had me :huh:

Now they are a drum corps and they have a design team for a reason, so hopefully they just weave the sounds of a few of these songs together and make their own melody that is cool. But if they go old school and play the tunes as is...yeah I won't be screaming bloo with the fan girls, but rather giving complimentary claps for the execution of the wonderful members.

Now that I say all of this, know that I am not losing fandom or anything, just might not be a show that I enjoy to watch.

Don't underestimate the dynamic duo of Doug Thrower and Tom Rarick. For TILT, the unabridged versions of "Uffe's" or "to-waLK-Or-ruN-in-wEst-harlem" may not have had many jumping for joy either. And yet, look what Doug did with these pieces! Not to mention the wisdom to leave much of "Hymn" intact. Part of the beauty is how these things get arranged and the vision and expertise to put it on the field.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Don't underestimate the dynamic duo of Doug Thrower and Tom Rarick. For TILT, the unabridged versions of "Uffe's" or "to-waLK-Or-ruN-in-wEst-harlem" may not have had many jumping for joy either. And yet, look what Doug did with these pieces! Not to mention the wisdom to leave much of "Hymn" intact. Part of the beauty is how these things get arranged and the vision and expertise to put it on the field.

Hopefully not taking anything you said out of context, but I was stoked for their show last year after hearing Uffe's. Same with Hymn, but wasn't everyone? Then the other was the percussion piece right? And as a brass player, if there is a percussion movement, I just trust that it will be cool on principle. This year's music just strikes me, and only me for this year, as dada, and I just hope that they do a good job with it. Edited by littlejaw

Hopefully not taking anything you said out of context, but I was stoked for their show last year after hearing Uffe's. Same with Hymn, but wasn't everyone? Then the other was the percussion piece right? And as a brass player, if there is a percussion movement, I just trust that it will be cool on principle. This year's music just strikes me, and only me for this year, as dada, and I just hope that they do a good job with it.

I would agree with you. "Uffe's" seemed like a natural. "Hymn" was a no-brainer. The percussion piece was phenominal, and the closer - well, the arrangement, followed by the Pitch Bend was pure genious! That stated, I bet there were some that may have had muted expectations until they heard it on the field.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I felt that way about Tilt last year, I will always remember the first time I saw it on youtube preseason before it got taken down, it was amazing hearing that show the first time, I think I still have that video on my computer somewhere.......it's amazing how little that show changed over the season, adding sure, but nothing really was rewritten.

However, preseason I was kinda meh about the announcement. The title didn't match the kind of theme I was expecting/wanting from them with the previously announced music, and I kinda let it slide down to shows I wasn't too terribly excited to see. Then of course that changed, the presentation of it was absolutely fantastic. Some of this years music, had it not been for their arranging in previous years of similar music, might have me apprehensive, but I'm pretty confident they'll do an amazing job with it.

• Like 1

I felt that way about Tilt last year, I will always remember the first time I saw it on youtube preseason before it got taken down, it was amazing hearing that show the first time, I think I still have that video on my computer somewhere.......it's amazing how little that show changed over the season, adding sure, but nothing really was rewritten.

However, preseason I was kinda meh about the announcement. The title didn't match the kind of theme I was expecting/wanting from them with the previously announced music, and I kinda let it slide down to shows I wasn't too terribly excited to see. Then of course that changed, the presentation of it was absolutely fantastic. Some of this years music, had it not been for their arranging in previous years of similar music, might have me apprehensive, but I'm pretty confident they'll do an amazing job with it.

Tilt will always be that special show of the Bluecoats. They'll do other great shows but Tilt had it all..
  • Like 2

Well, I went to Denison tonite (ensemble was from 6-8 pm). This is definitely NOT Tilt part dos- at least from the first two minutes and some change that they have on the field. The props are REALLY freakin' cool. I cannot post any pictures(nor can I share because they requested that no one post pics)- but think of the "electron cloud" or "orbital sculpture" that the Cavaliers used in 1995- but with more versatility. The music does not quite grab me immediately-but I need to hear it more. I like what I have seen so far. Curious to see where it will take them.

• Like 2

Controversial it probably will be, but I can't wait to hear and see this show. Would love to see BDs and BCs battle it out again.

Controversial it probably will be, but I can't wait to hear and see this show. Would love to see BDs and BCs battle it out again.

I wouldn't really call an over 2-point deficit a "battle", but I see your point. I haven't really seen this year's show but if they come out like they did with Tilt last year or better, I'm sure I'll love them again this year.

• Like 1