New New Drums Thread?

Lots of lines are playing Pearl. Did Yamaha lose a few corps?

Lots of lines are playing Pearl. Did Yamaha lose a few corps?

Yamaha='s Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Caviliers, Colts, Crossmen, And Scouts. That's Five out of the top 12 sometimes 6. That doesn't sound to bad to me.

Pearl Has Bluedevils, Phantom, Spirit, And Troop

Jupiter Cough cough has Bluestars, Boston, Sanat Clara.

Asa company this is how most High Schools see and copy you, yet you don't want to spread yourself so thin. Not sure how Pearl and Jupiter does it but Yamaha Resells the Used DRUMS only and The pit is purchased by each corps. Not sure how the other companies do it, but i have sold several used Yamaha Lines.

Yamaha='s Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Caviliers, Colts, Crossmen, And Scouts. That's Five out of the top 12 sometimes 6. That doesn't sound to bad to me.

Pearl Has Bluedevils, Phantom, Spirit, And Troop

Jupiter Cough cough has Bluestars, Boston, Sanat Clara.

Asa company this is how most High Schools see and copy you, yet you don't want to spread yourself so thin. Not sure how Pearl and Jupiter does it but Yamaha Resells the Used DRUMS only and The pit is purchased by each corps. Not sure how the other companies do it, but i have sold several used Yamaha Lines.

Blue Stars and Boston are Mapex.

But unless there has been a recent change, SCV is Yamaha brass and Dynasty drums.

• Like 1

Blue Stars and Boston are Mapex.

But unless there has been a recent change, SCV is Yamaha brass and Dynasty drums.

Jupiter/mapex ....I forgot About SCV Being Dynasty i thought that company was all but gone. And you are Correct SCV was using Yamaha brass last year not sure about this year.

On2 is one of the best things to happen to marching percussion in the last 20 years.

The people who run this company are people who stand behind their product too. I worked with them last year on some Dynasty equipment that wasn't exactly in their specs and we were able to make it work. Our school just purchased some Mapex equipment and I look forward to working with them on future slips for our shows each year.

Boston Crusaders:

11312829_912328365477774_278780689578933

This may be my favorite drum design/graphic of all time. LOVE it.

Wonder if it's possible to get the hardware done in an antique bronze finish to complete the look - that would be amazing.

Edited by cf144