2016 Prediction Thread

At this point Cadets are such a wild card... they could literally win or challenge or finish 5th.

I think win is out of the Cadets. I do not think they will beat BD, Crown or Bluecoats this year. SCV may beat them depending on how well (or not well) Cadets finish in percussion and brass. But, I think SCV will be favored visually. GE maybe a toss up.

At this point Cadets are such a wild card... they could literally win or challenge or finish 5th.

Any one of six corps COULD win the gold, but odds are pretty good that it's going to be BD or BC. I see both of these corps getting better as they compete head to head, and widening the gap between them and everyone else.

I don't see how I could reasonably project Cadets finishing ahead of BD or BC after last night.

Cadets have lost to BC head to head every time they have competed, and it really hasn't been very close. Last night was a shellacking. We don't know what will transpire when BD starts competing with the other top three corps, but it seems pretty clear now that anyone hoping for a Bluecoats stall out are going to be disappointed.

Crown always seems to get "better" as the season creeps on. I see them winning bronze, but my heart is with SCV because I think their show is so daring in the context of what eveyone else is doing. Would not be shocked to see Cadets take bronze, but I wouldn't bet against Crown doing what they have done in the last few seasons.

We keep saying don't count out Cadets because they have the farthest to go to be clean, but at some point "it is what it is."

• Like 1

Any one of six corps COULD win the gold, but odds are pretty good that it's going to be BD or BC. I see both of these corps getting better as they compete head to head, and widening the gap between them and everyone else.

I don't see how I could reasonably project Cadets finishing ahead of BD or BC after last night.

Cadets have lost to BC head to head every time they have competed, and it really hasn't been very close. Last night was a shellacking. We don't know what will transpire when BD starts competing with the other top three corps, but it seems pretty clear now that anyone hoping for a Bluecoats stall out are going to be disappointed.

Crown always seems to get "better" as the season creeps on. I see them winning bronze, but my heart is with SCV because I think their show is so daring in the context of what eveyone else is doing. Would not be shocked to see Cadets take bronze, but I wouldn't bet against Crown doing what they have done in the last few seasons.

We keep saying don't count out Cadets because they have the farthest to go to be clean, but at some point "it is what it is."

Yes at some point. Around Atlanta deficit must be around a point.

I am excited to see how the show has changed tonight, and what I'm about to say is based on what I saw a couple weeks ago. I really don't think they have the farthest to go to be clean. I think the issue is what they started the season with was a very poorly constructed visual design. Unless they make major rewrites, and execute those major rewrites, they will suffer in the visual caption, which will bleed into GE, which could lead to a 5th or 6th place finish. I really don't see them falling below 5th based on the strength of their brass and percussion, but the Cavaliers program this year is hands down better constructed than the Cadets (based again on what I saw a couple of weeks ago). I am very excited to see what the Cadets have done since, and my opinion may change after tonight.

Cadets have lost to BC head to head every time they have competed, and it really hasn't been very close. Last night was a shellacking.

While I tend to agree, I might just caution and remind DCP folks that Carolina Crown finished 4th on July 11th in Minny last year. Cadets were ranked 1st early, but had slipped to 4th by Finals Night. Its still early. Although given BC and BD's stellar Show Designs for 2016, you've got to like their chances of not fadeing come August.

Edited by BRASSO

While I tend to agree, I might just caution and remind DCP folks that Carolina Crown finished 4th on July 11th in Minny last year. Cadets were ranked 1st early, but had slipped to 4th by Finals Night. Its still early. Although given BC and BD's stellar Show Designs for 2016, you've got to like their chances of not fadeing come August.

We can really be 100% sure BD won't fade. I don't think Bluecoats will either - their show is fantastic. Really interesting season. I hope SCV can somehow send all of them home without Gold, but I know dreams don't come true. :cool:

• Like 1

Come on guy's Let's Crossmen win. with BK and BS in 2nd and 3rd.

• Like 1

Mid season finals prediction

1) Bluecoats

2) BD

3) Crown

4) SCV

5) Cadets

6) Cavies

7) BK

8) Madison

9) BStars

10) Phantom

11) Crossmen

12) Troopers

13- Academy:/

Plus, you know Bloo has saved a trick or two that won't be revealed until probably Allentown.

• Like 1