6) Cavies

7) BK

8) Madison

9) BStars

10) Phantom

11) Crossmen

12) Troopers

13- Academy:/

Top 3 I agree with. The next two will be a battle between Cadets and SCV. I actually think Phantom Regiment is going to jump Cavaliers to take 6th. Phantom has very strong music captions and their GE is not bad at all. I think Cavaliers will take 7th, but they may have to hold off a charging Blue Knights who once fully clean and complete could be a force.

Madison and Blue Stars will duke it out for 9th and 10th, but I'd also say Madison has the goods to beat BK and challenge Cavaliers once clean, so they could be a dark horse for 7.

Crossmen, Troopers, Boston, Academy will compete for 11 - 14. Maybe Colts jumps in there as well. I personally feel Boston is slightly stronger than Troop, but we'll see. Would love to see Academy make top 12. All of these shows are fabulous and there is no loser.

Looking forward to seeing Genesis, Legends, BDB, SCVC, and many of the other open class corps. May do the Michigan City thing this year before Finals.

Edited by jwillis35

Top 3 I agree with. The next two will be a battle between Cadets and SCV. I actually think Phantom Regiment is going to jump Cavaliers to take 6th. Phantom has very strong music captions and their GE is not bad at all. I think Cavaliers will take 7th, but they may have to hold off a charging Blue Knights who once fully clean and complete could be a force.

Madison and Blue Stars will duke it out for 9th and 10th, but I'd also say Madison has the goods to beat BK and challenge Cavaliers once clean, so they could be a dark horse for 7.

Crossmen, Troopers, Boston, Academy will compete for 11 - 14. Maybe Colts jumps in there as well. I personally feel Boston is slightly stronger than Troop, but we'll see. Would love to see Academy make top 12. All of these shows are fabulous and there is no loser.

Looking forward to seeing Genesis, Legends, BDB, SCVC, and many of the other open class corps. May do the Michigan City thing this year before Finals.

You have more faith in phantom than even I do, but I hope you're right!

Interesting take. I see Cavaliers design to be on a different level than BK, Phantom, Madison and Blue Stars. I don't see Cavies slipping to 7th, but instead challenging for 5th (although I don't think they will take 5th). I think Phantom may be in danger of landing in 10th. The visual design is better than last year, but still suffering compared to Madison, BK and Blue Stars, and I find this to be (frankly) a rather dull show musically. The two ballads separated by the drum break are just odd.

I think Cavies are solidly in 6th, with Madison, BK, Regiment and Blue Stars duking it out for 7th.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Blue Knights

5. Cadets

6. Cavies

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Boston

12. Crossmen

13. The Academy

14. Troopers

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Colts

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Seattle Cascades

19. Mandarins

20. Pacific Crest

21. Pioneer

22. Jersey Surf

Crown wins Brass and Guard

Bluecoats win GE

Blue Devils win Percussion

Top 10 break 90

Top 5 break 95

A different corps will place 1st each night of Finals

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Blue Knights

5. Cadets

6. Cavies

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Boston

12. Crossmen

13. The Academy

14. Troopers

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Colts

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Seattle Cascades

19. Mandarins

20. Pacific Crest

21. Pioneer

22. Jersey Surf

Crown wins Brass and Guard

Bluecoats win GE

Blue Devils win Percussion

Top 10 break 90

Top 5 break 95

A different corps will place 1st each night of Finals

SCV in 7th seems like a stretch. I like them in 4th, but 5th at the lowest.

And Blue Knights in 4th also seems high. They have the talent and some excellent design, but if they're going to mount a charge for 4th they better finish that show and start cleaning fast. Just not sure they have the firepower to beat Cadets or SCV.

• Like 1

There are three different contests going on at the top, but (to my mind) only two realistic choices for #1.

1. Bluecoats win Prelims, BD wins Finals

gap

3. Crown

4. Cadets

gap

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

gap

7. PR

8. BK

9. Madison
10. Blue Stars
11. Crossmen

12. Academy

13 Boston

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers

6. Cadets

7. Blue Knights

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Boston

12. The Academy

• Like 1

Edited by UKSuperman

Great minds think alike. I would love for SCV or Bluecoats to win, and I would love for Academy to make finals. I just think BD will be 1, 2 or 3 in all sub-captions, if not only 1 and 2. Makes them nearly impossible to beat, considering Crown will like place lower than 4th in percussion, SCV's much improved brassline may place lower than 4th, and Bluecoats have yet to win one caption at finals. Cadets, to me, are the biggest wildcard. They can win brass and percussion, but I think they will likely be 4th or lower in guard.

This. It will be close, but BD is just too strong in every sub-caption. Bluecoats may well beat BD in a few captions, but until that actually happens, gotta like BDs chances.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 3

1. The Blue Devils

2. The Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. The Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. The Cavaliers

7. The Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. The Madison Scouts

10. The Blue Stars