2016 Prediction Thread

A lot of my opinion is just personal tastes. I feel like crown and bloo have stronger programs than BD. I don't have bloo in first because I just don't see them winning any sub captions except maybe GE.

Without the access to recaps ( that fans have had access to since 1972), it makes the fan's guesswork even harder.

A lot of my opinion is just personal tastes. I feel like crown and bloo have stronger programs than BD. I don't have bloo in first because I just don't see them winning any sub captions except maybe GE.

I am not a BD fan, but not in the least. The biggest issue for anyone else to win is consistency. Crown will likely be 4th or lower in percussion, SCV will likely be 4th or lower in brass, Cadets will likely be 4th or lower in guard, and Bluecoats have never won a caption at finals. BD won't have a single sub caption below 3rd place. In fact, they will likely have more 1s and 2s than 3s.

I am not a fan of BD. I am usually angry finals night because they win. But, like them or not, they are simply the best and most consistent corps and the ONLY corps with NO weaknesses. That is why they win all the time.

I will say I really did like their show last year.

Without the access to recaps ( that fans have had access to since 1972), it makes the fan's guesswork even harder.

Yeah it's tough without being able to see the recaps. So the words opinion and personal taste just mean that much more to the fans this year. My personal tastes in brass is crown and cadets at 1 and 2. I enjoy their sound more than BD style but that doesn't mean they're not better than crown or cadets. The judges might see it another way.

Yeah it's tough without being able to see the recaps. So the words opinion and personal taste just mean that much more to the fans this year. My personal tastes in brass is crown and cadets at 1 and 2. I enjoy their sound more than BD style but that doesn't mean they're not better than crown or cadets. The judges might see it another way.

BD is far from my personal taste. I would love it if they didn't win. You have to give credit where credit is due. They have figured out what they need to do to win and they do it. I've finally accepted the fact that there's no conspiracy theory, nor is there any favoritism towards BD on the part of the judges - they are just the best - top to bottom the best. That is why the win so much more than anyone else.

• Like 3

BD is far from my personal taste. I would love it if they didn't win. You have to give credit where credit is due. They have figured out what they need to do to win and they do it. I've finally accepted the fact that there's no conspiracy theory, nor is there any favoritism towards BD on the part of the judges - they are just the best - top to bottom the best. That is why the win so much more than anyone else.

My friend welcome to the dark side lol. In all seriousness you are 100% correct.

• Like 1

A lot of the time people seem to equate "stronger programs" or "more GE" to programs that they like more.

I'm no GE judge, if I had to assess GE/stronger program among Crown, Bloo, and BD, I'd be totally lost.

Reminds me of someone's signature on DCP that says something along the lines of "GE ≠ your personal preference"

I've always ignored the conspiracy theories. BD had not been in my personal tastes for several years now, however I cannot deny how good they are. I didn't like their 2014 show at all and enjoyed bluecoats tilt far more (except for the trumpet lick in BD opener), however the level of performance was unlike anything I've ever seen and that I CAN appreciate. 2015 INK grew on me a bit but still didn't care for it much, I feel like Crown definitely had a better program. However, on finals night when it counted the most, BD had the better performance and deserved the win that night.

What I'm getting at is personal tastes =/= better or worthy of a higher score. But that's something I love about drum corps. The champion isn't always my favorite show and that's perfectly Ok!

• Like 1

I've always ignored the conspiracy theories. BD had not been in my personal tastes for several years now, however I cannot deny how good they are. I didn't like their 2014 show at all and enjoyed bluecoats tilt far more (except for the trumpet lick in BD opener), however the level of performance was unlike anything I've ever seen and that I CAN appreciate. 2015 INK grew on me a bit but still didn't care for it much, I feel like Crown definitely had a better program. However, on finals night when it counted the most, BD had the better performance and deserved the win that night.

What I'm getting at is personal tastes =/= better or worthy of a higher score. But that's something I love about drum corps. The champion isn't always my favorite show and that's perfectly Ok!

Exactly. It took me almost 30 years to get over all my biases. Now, I think I can look at shows, content, execution and performance qualities much more objectively. It's amazing how much more accurate I am in thinking who is going to be who with those biases gone. BD was my last bias to leave, and I recognize now how great they truly are. I still have a bit of a pro-SCV bias and I will never let that go. I will always love them most.

The beauty of this year is you've 3 corps (Crown, Bloo, BD) that very well could be in a class all themselves come finals. Cadets seem to be rediscovering their own mojo as of late and could form the best 1-4 in the history of drum corps.

As personal tastes go, I'm kinda of like you at this point. In way or the other, I've seen all 4 corps. And, though there are many who expect a 3-peat for BD, I'm not one of them. For me, it's Crown, Bloo, BD - in that order. So much will happen between now and August 13th. No matter what, I don't think anyone loses this year.

Just got word from one of the members that Academy made some drastic changes to their closer. Maybe that pushes them up a bit.