2016 Prediction Thread

Bluecoats have a fantastic show, just not sure they'll win any captions. I think GE is their best shot at winning a caption which is the biggest one so that would help them a lot. I personally have their brass in 4th behind crown, cadets, then BD. I would have their guard in 3rd behind crown and BD. Visual might be their next best bet at winning a caption imo. I don't know enough about percussion to make an educated guess.

Edited by DasTuba

Two weeks into the season my thoughts are:

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. SCV

5. Cadets

6. Cavies

7. BK

8. Phantom

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11. Madison

12. Academy

13. Boston

14. Troopers

15. Oregon Crusaders

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 1

1. The Blue Devils

2. The Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. The Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. The Cavaliers

7. The Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. The Madison Scouts

10. The Blue Stars

11. The Crossmen

12. Academy

13. The Boston Crusaders

14. The Troopers

15. The Colts

16. Oregon Crusaders

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. The Mandarins

19. Pacific Crest

20. Seattle Cascades

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

That looks quite possible as of relatively early July, almost mid-July

BD has a phenomenal guard and percussion section. Once we add 2 Percussion judges at Championships, its hard for me to see the currently undefeated, and 2014, 2015 DCI Champion falling to 3rd at Finals this year . When has BD last finished below 2nd ? 2006. 10 years ago... a full decade. BD doesn't look to me at the moment like they are about to fall below 2rd on Finals Nite, absent penalties. Either Crown or Bluecoats are going to be seeing a medal at Finals thats bronze in nature, not silver or gold, imo.. But who knows for sure.... nobody...... so we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

BD has a phenomenal guard and percussion section. Once we add 2 Percussion judges at Championships, its hard for me to see the currently undefeated, and 2014, 2015 DCI Champion falling to 3rd at Finals this year But until we have the head to head matchups, its all speculation.

A lot of my opinion is just personal tastes. I feel like crown and bloo have stronger programs than BD. I don't have bloo in first because I just don't see them winning any sub captions except maybe GE.

Bluecoats have a fantastic show, just not sure they'll win any captions. I think GE is their best shot at winning a caption which is the biggest one so that would help them a lot. I personally have their brass in 4th behind crown, cadets, then BD. I would have their guard in 3rd behind crown and BD. Visual might be their next best bet at winning a caption imo. I don't know enough about percussion to make an educated guess.

I think you've hit on a key point. GE is an absolute must win caption for Bluecoats to beat BD, at least one would think. And they probably need to beat them by several tenths to give them a cushion. They won't beat BD in brass or colorguard and percussion would be a wash at best. Certainly possible, but in political terms, if you will, their "path to victory" is tight.

I think you've hit on a key point. GE is an absolute must win caption for Bluecoats to beat BD, at least one would think. And they probably need to beat them by several tenths to give them a cushion. They won't beat BD in brass or colorguard and percussion would be a wash at best. Certainly possible, but in political terms, if you will, their "path to victory" is tight.

Exactly, although their brass and guard are extremely good and considered top tier, BD and crown brass and guard are just on another level. Not to mention cadets brass.