2016 Prediction Thread

Trolling/making fun of another whether agreeing or disagreeing is despicable. Feel better? What a great thoughtful set of insightful comments you made yet again.

He's proven himself to be quite a pleasant person in the Phantom thread /s

Do you still stand by this from May?

(Someone liked my reply to it from months ago which brought me back to it)

Without a doubt

• Like 1

Even more LOLOL

If you didn't have the mentality of an 8 year old, you would realize that my predictions were updated about a week later in which I moved BK down and put the Bluecoats in the top 3. Grow up

I love how different everyone's styles are this year. No one is similar to anyone... It's crazy. At Massillon, in just the first half, I'm gonna see Cavies, BK, Phantom, and Madison. How much more different can you get? Not a prediction but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by noahsigs

You really think BK will be over the Cadets??

I could very well be wrong, but history says that Cadets staff asks too much of the members and peak too early (see 2014 when they choked at finals and 2015 when they couldn't close any gap between the corps who were barely ahead of them point wise [granted all of those shows that beat them are amazing]) and that BK's closers are life changing to those who perform, spectate, and even judge them so ya never know what could happen.

• Like 1

I could very well be wrong, but history says that Cadets staff asks too much of the members and peak too early (see 2014 when they choked at finals and 2015 when they couldn't close any gap between the corps who were barely ahead of them point wise [granted all of those shows that beat them are amazing]) and that BK's closers are life changing to those who perform, spectate, and even judge them so ya never know what could happen.[/quote

Just SO much to resound to here but won't.

BK's closers are life changing to those who perform, spectate, and even judge them so ya never know what could happen.

Couple thoughts:

- when you're talking about Blue Knights' closers being life changing, I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong, please) that you are only referencing 2014 (That One Second) and 2015 (Because). I mean, I don't think any of BK's closers from 2013-before were "life-changing"

- if that is the case, then you're comparing two years of "life changing" (which is your opinion, not a universal fact or anything) closers from BK to many many many MANY years of competitive success from the Cadets. Do I agree with your assessment of the 2014/2015 Cadets? Absolutely-- but, I wouldn't use those two years as the reference for how the Cadets operate, just like I wouldn't use the 2014/2015 BK for being know for life changing closers-- two years is not enough to create a pattern, good or bad.

Finally, this assumes that BK has an effective closer, which, as of today, they don't even have a full closer, let alone an effective (or life changing) closer.

Edited by RedJazz1900

Couple thoughts:

- when you're talking about Blue Knights' closers being life changing, I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong, please) that you are only referencing 2014 (That One Second) and 2015 (Because). I mean, I don't think any of BK's closers from 2013-before were "life-changing"

- if that is the case, then you're comparing two years of "life changing" (which is your opinion, not a universal fact or anything) closers from BK to many many many MANY years of competitive success from the Cadets. Do I agree with your assessment of the 2014/2015 Cadets? Absolutely-- but, I wouldn't use those two years as the reference for how the Cadets operate, just like I wouldn't use the 2014/2015 BK for being know for life changing closers-- two years is not enough to create a pattern, good or bad.

Finally, this assumes that BK has an effective closer, which, as of today, they don't even have a full closer, let alone an effective (or life changing) closer.

😂.... You told her!

I could very well be wrong, but history says that Cadets staff asks too much of the members and peak too early (see 2014 when they choked at finals and 2015 when they couldn't close any gap between the corps who were barely ahead of them point wise [granted all of those shows that beat them are amazing]) and that BK's closers are life changing to those who perform, spectate, and even judge them so ya never know what could happen.

You couldn't very well be wrong. You are wrong. In fact, I would bet Cadets beat BK in every single sub caption at finals.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the last two years of the Cadets, but using 2014 and 2015 doesn't work when you say "history." What can be used as a "history" argument is that the Cadets haven't finished outside of the top 5 since 1991. BK has never made the top 5.

Cadets are capable of winning BOTH brass and percussion. BK isn't capable of winning any caption this year (let alone placing in the top 4 or 5 in any caption). BK finished 5th with one judge in GE 2 at finals last year. That is the only sub caption they finished in the top 5. Their show last year was much better than this year's, IMO, so I am expecting zero top 6 finishes in any sub caption from them this year.

Brass and percussion will bleed over to GE, which puts at least the musical component in the Cadets favor. Cadets should easily top BK in GE and Music, and they will probably top them visually too.

There is absolutely, without a doubt, a 0% chance that BK will beat the Cadets at all this year.

Not picking on BK. I could say the same exact thing about any corps that placed 6th and lower last year. With the exception of the Cavaliers.

Edited by henry7184