2016 Prediction Thread

I'd like to dig up my comments post from way back in May where I broke down all the corps from last year and see how accurate my comments were for where I thought corps would go. Also gave a placement window for each that was admittedly pretty broad.

Edited by DrumManTx

When I say "history shows", in this context I mean recent history as in the last two years when my opinion actually legitimately applies.

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Carolina Crown

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Crossmen

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

Maybe.... but Phantom Regiment hasn't finished out of DCI's Top 10 since Kojak was seen sucking on lollipops on TV , and the 27 year older Elton John was seen crooning about Bennie & the Jets ( 1974 ). Something tells me we won't be seeing Phantom fall this far this year either.... but who knows.

Edited by BRASSO

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Carolina Crown

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Crossmen

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

Agreed

Would put PR at 8 and Boston 12

Edited by Tobias

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Carolina Crown

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Crossmen

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

If you don't mind, can you please provide commentary on your ranking of the top 5? As I would like to better understand your prediction, as I currently believe Crown has the strongest visual package of the top 3 at the current moment. Furthermore, I am basing my opinion on the amount of drill Crown is marching in comparison to the rest of the top 5, including but not limited too body movement/dancing, and strength of their color guard. Visually I would then rank Bloo (visual is mostly body movement/dancing, color guard is pretty good, and running into to formations without playing) behind them is the Blue Devils (marching the least amount of drill of the top 5 but have a good mix of visual elements), then SCV (well designed drill based on show theme) and Cadets (who IMHO are adjusting to a new show delivery model and don't appear to gel to me at the current moment).

If you don't mind, can you please provide commentary on your ranking of the top 5? As I would like to better understand your prediction, as I currently believe Crown has the strongest visual package of the top 3 at the current moment. Furthermore, I am basing my opinion on the amount of drill Crown is marching in comparison to the rest of the top 5, including but not limited too body movement/dancing, and strength of their color guard. Visually I would then rank Bloo (visual is mostly body movement/dancing, color guard is pretty good, and running into to formations without playing) behind them is the Blue Devils (marching the least amount of drill of the top 5 but have a good mix of visual elements), then SCV (well designed drill based on show theme) and Cadets (who IMHO are adjusting to a new show delivery model and don't appear to gel to me at the current moment).

BD can never catch a break on here :tongue:

• Like 2

To clarify, I'm not throwing any BD shade, but rather expressing my opinion, as I believe the BD has never been an awesome corps as far as drill is concerned. I'm not trying to start anything other than understand others opinions, and I welcome anyone who reads this post to respond.

• Like 1