Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

Thank you DCI for showing it, but ---

(ahem)... you're encouraging folks to introduce people to DCI so yeah, why not right? Well why not is when you send a bulk mail out to your friends and a fan sends several private messages to 226 friends asking them to a) to please register with DCI.org, then, b) make an effort to watch...

so right - after Mr. Rondenaro (sp?) with a sockless mic (I mean really, a sock is a few bucks investment) and reading off, eyes directed to, a cheat-sheet in his hand (cue cards to the side of the camera anyone? If you use front and back they could be $10 inc. sharpie) has no one to interview and fades to black.

Many of my coersed friends thought that was the end of the show and wanted an answer to, 'Why did you want me to watch that?'

There was no one there to interview? No captian heads? No band directors in the area who are supportive of DCI? No parents of kids who were skeptical of their kids joining drum corps but have come around? No friend of a fan who had never seen drum corps before? Did anyone think to story-board this or have a line-up of interviewees nearby?

So sure, it was free. Good thing it was too, because DCI didn't do anything to warrent a charge. The Troopers did... Madison Scouts did, but what was it DCI thinks was fetching enough about that production (other than the corps themselves?) to ask for money?

If you're going to air something, free or not, have some dignity in your job, represent to a high standard the organization you represent and show some respect for your audience (regardless of the cost). PRODUCE something and do not rely on the corps to produce a show for you - it's not their job.

Troopers = awesome for June 15th

Madison Scouts = awesome for June 15th

can't wait to see you at the 10 live shows I have tickets for.

• Like 1

Thank you DCI for showing it, but ---

(ahem)... you're encouraging folks to introduce people to DCI so yeah, why not right? Well why not is when you send a bulk mail out to your friends and a fan sends several private messages to 226 friends asking them to a) to please register with DCI.org, then, b) make an effort to watch...

Just a minor point, but watching the free live stream tonight didn't require any sort of login or registration.

• Like 2

I've said so many positive things about Troop but one more thing that they deserve credit for is the fact that a lot of their hits have strange chords. The big chords in the closer are D major chords so getting those in tune is much harder than getting Bb or F chords in tune. I don't know if anybody cares haha but just wanted to point that out.

• Like 3

Troop... very promising

Holy effing scouta batman. This will be a beast of a show in 6 weeks.

Irt dcilive. Why cant i push this to my chromecast? What happened to more playback options? So now i can pay to catch half a show if i cant get somewhere in time to catch it all? I think i would rather pay a bored teen to rip and seed live streams to torrent sites than dci. At least then I'd be sure to see the whole show. Seriously, it's almost if i purchase this i will be forced to revisit my hot dog corps list. I didn't see a blue knights show for 20 years before fan network.

I've said so many positive things about Troop but one more thing that they deserve credit for is the fact that a lot of their hits have strange chords. The big chords in the closer are D major chords so getting those in tune is much harder than getting Bb or F chords in tune. I don't know if anybody cares haha but just wanted to point that out.

I know exactly what you are talking about, futureblue. For what little it may be worth...good grab, Sir.

Had similar issues as previous posts (I read all your posts. Thank you :) Started at high cam, good feed, volume fluctuated (on a laptop with local cable company and not on IE :) One minor freeze (compared to many on FN). Switched to multi cam, it pixeled, back to high cam (which was multi cam until half way). Tried Best, 720p, 540p; looks the same on my end. Before the encore, I couldn't hear speaking in mikes but heard the announcer and crowd. Didn't hear Troppers singer the first time, went back, did the second viewing and heard her. The slide back in time works. I even exited and accessed the site mid way. Got in ok. I gave up on full screen on FN. Full screen was cool for me on this new video thingy! Hooray! The camera shot with Troopers' DM and sky clouds was wonderful. Good eye camera person. I have until Friday to do a cost/benefit analysis. Have a great season.

I actually had a consistent, although low video quality, stream the entire time, which is impressive since I'm on a 3G cell connection in the middle of Alaska... So I was impressed! I'm convinced to get it

Troop... very promising

Holy effing scouta batman. This will be a beast of a show in 6 weeks.

Irt dcilive. Why cant i push this to my chromecast? What happened to more playback options? So now i can pay to catch half a show if i cant get somewhere in time to catch it all? I think i would rather pay a bored teen to rip and seed live streams to torrent sites than dci. At least then I'd be sure to see the whole show. Seriously, it's almost if i purchase this i will be forced to revisit my hot dog corps list. I didn't see a blue knights show for 20 years before fan network.

HDMI cables exist you know.

• Like 1