Innovations in Brass: Akron

The BAC will always be striving for Disc 1. If they start well tomorrow, there are several reasons why. Corps talent is better, they're learning the show earlier, the design team has created a very good show, and the judges are liking it.

BAC 1st show last year was a 66.40. I would think their score should be higher at this year start. But the others 1st scores this year were down from last years scores. Time will tell. Good luck to all.

BAC 1st show last year was a 66.40. I would think their score should be higher at this year start. But the others 1st scores this year were down from last years scores. Time will tell. Good luck to all.

Yep . numbers are only numbers , It's the relevance to each other that tells a story. Although early on the story can change a few times.

GE 1 Jay Webb

GE 2 Mickey Kelly

VP Bret Mascaro

VA Ken Giese

CG Michael Gray

BR Ken Turner

MA Jeff Harper

PERC Marty Griffin

Didn't Micheal Gray teach a corps guard recently or am I confusing him with someone else?

Ken Turner is from New York or was he wrote brass charts for corps

Mickey Kelly is a good man on visuals taught some great colour guards in his day he from CT.

Scoring will be all over the place for a while. Judges are still trying to get a read on the shows, performance levels, GE, visual design, content, clarity. It's a tough job, and these are not full panels until July. Honestly, I don't care who wins, loses, whatever, but it can be fun predicting. Cadets looked really good to me at the theater. Fantastic and energizing show! BLOOO just feels ground breaking to me. They have amazing performance levels, and the show is just FRESH and riveting. Carolina has moments, especially musically, where I just get goose bumps. Don't care for the uniforms, and the visual design seems too compact (although I guess that makes sense with their theme). LOVE LOVE their guard. I really like the Cavaliers music book and drill. I know a lot of the other aspects will come on strong as the season gets into full swing. Excited to see Blue Stars in person. I felt that show has some major potential, but they were so dirty it was hard to tell. But I think this show will surprise many as it cleans. Of course, I am pumped to also see Troopers and Boston for the first time. We always love having all these corps in Ohio.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1