San Antonio Lineup

Sometimes I feel this way, and sometimes I don't. What if someone doesn't know what "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" refers to, for instance?

Speaking for myself, whether or not I "get" the show doesn't make much difference. At the end of the day I either like what the corps is doing or I don't.

Sometimes I feel this way, and sometimes I don't. What if someone doesn't know what "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" refers to, for instance?

Then I would say there's no hope for that person. Pun intended.

It was their elf magic that gave them the gold that year. I still think they needed those little shoes that curl up at the toes to finish the look.

Wisenheimer... but this quip is funny ( haha!). How about some pointy ears too ? ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Nobody said it was dead. The comment was it's dying. If you can find a photo from the 60's and 70's,you'll see plenty of people in the rear stands. In SA, the rear stands were a ghost town.

well if this was the highest selling SA and before they had people on the other side then one of these seems to be wrong. My guess is the other side were MM back in the day. This activity has never been dying to fans. Groups are disappearing but that's also due to the fact that the amount of members increased years ago

well if this was the highest selling SA and before they had people on the other side then one of these seems to be wrong. My guess is the other side were MM back in the day. This activity has never been dying to fans. Groups are disappearing but that's also due to the fact that the amount of members increased years ago.

Not trying to rain on the parade and it's great the the numbers are up,but the back stands had paying customers in them, not MM and there's a whole thread dedicated to the decline in membership that will debunk you're theory.

. My guess is the other side were MM back in the day. This activity has never been dying to fans. Groups are disappearing but that's also due to the fact that the amount of members increased years ago

Your " guess" then would be inaccurate. There were far more fans, far more Corps, far more marchers BITD than today. Thats not a " guess ", This is just a certifiable fact.

That said, DCI does appear to have stemmed the on going loss of its Fan numbers, numbers of Corps, than just a few short years ago. So its not Dead. Its not on Life Support. The Patient ( DCI ) appears right now to be in the Recovery Room, where it has been taken off the Critical List,... but it is still in Serious Condition, and by no means entirely out of the woods yet.

Edited by BRASSO

Then they have been done a disservice by their school system.

• Like 1