San Antonio Lineup

I trust you're not a chronological snob who thinks that the present is always better than the past. That is to say: what's so bad about 1995?

I marched in both the 90's and 00's. So no, I'm not dogging a particular era.

That said, the activity evolves for a reason. No need to wallow around in that decade with marching members in 2015.

• Like 1

BS! He was making a statement about my drum corps and I replied with another that I do not feel anything bad about but it is still an observation just like that person made. when living in glass houses do not cast stones! both observations are true. NEITHER ARE NECESSARY! (which was my whole point)

Waaabhh.

I'm a little late to this party BUT I want to be a part of it. During shows I tend not to read or post. I'm much too engaged, even during breaks. I did jot down a few off-the-top-of-my-head comments about each performance, many of which I was seeing for the first time.

My review of each show in 5 words or less - and it's ALL POSITIVE.

Louisiana Stars: park-n-bark swagger o-rama
Guardians: a certain elegance - nice lux
Genesis: challenging show - will clean
Jubal: engaging - nice flow of elements
Jersey Surf: colorful vibrations true to brand
Cascades: most improved - coolest dance break
Pacific Crest: mystery in box storyline works
Spirit of Atlanta: nice brass and original music
Mandarins: surprised by big sound - WOW
Oregon Crusaders: garden continues to bloom
Madison Scouts: jazz. baby - great trombone solo!!!
Crossmen: striking visual cloud-tarp contrast
Boston Crusaders: banners, guard costuming add richness
Blue Stars: fun - favorite stars show ever
The Academy: castanet table/feed the birds :bigsmile:
Colts: liked music book and brass
Phantom Regiment: less is more
The Cavaliers: musically strong
Troopers: 12th spot contender
Santa Clara Vanguard: medal worthy show
Carolina Crown: great run - may surprise
Blue Knights: stunning visual/musical program - beautiful
The Cadets: championship worthy show
Bluecoats: my favorite 2015 show
Blue Devils: accessible - growing on me
Pioneer: unfortunately missed :( unplugged too early

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

I marched in both the 90's and 00's. So no, I'm not dogging a particular era.

That said, the activity evolves for a reason. No need to wallow around in that decade with marching members in 2015.

As usual, I want to quibble with the loaded word "evolve" used to describe change directed by free-willed human beings, but in attempt to be more productive:

Would you say that Troopers and Phantom Regiment have regressed to a 1990s style from which they had previously moved on? And if so, where do you see that turn having happened? Was Phantom evolving until, say, 2011, when they began to look backwards?

Then they [who don't know the source of "Abandon all hope..."] have been done a disservice by their school system.

Twenty-five years ago, but . . . I scored pretty well on the standardized tests for college admission, but had never read even a summary of The Divine Comedy in school, much less the text itself, and had only the vaguest idea of what the term "Dante's Inferno" meant. There's simply too much to learn for any one work of literature to be essential to a good education.

Twenty-five years ago, but . . . I scored pretty well on the standardized tests for college admission, but had never read even a summary of The Divine Comedy in school, much less the text itself, and had only the vaguest idea of what the term "Dante's Inferno" meant. There's simply too much to learn for any one work of literature to be essential to a good education.

Then you learn it the old fashioned way: you turn to your neighbor in the stands and ask what the sign means. And if it's me, the product of a poor little public school system, I would tell you it's from a book by Dante called The Divine Comedy which involved his visiting hell and coming back. We got the one day synopsis in 12th grade haha.

Yeah. My feed has been spectacular all day.

Invest in a nice video card, a good router, and wireless adapter.

I've got all that (minus the wireless as my whole house is hardwired). I custom build my boxes and my latest build is only about a year old.

All that said - I think I belatedly discovered the problem. While going through my diagnostics I finally discovered packet losses which seemed to indicate that my modem was going qerplooie.

Bought a new modem today and no longer have any packet losses and back to blazing speeds on everything.

Wish I could watch a DVR of the Colts on through the rest of the show last night - but that's a different topic.

• Like 1

A little, though like much of the film, that bit is designed to get a laugh. In that scene, a vocal coach is giving elocution lessons to Kelly as Don Lockwood, a silent actor trying to make the move to talkies:

Which is not to say that the audio necessarily works in Madison's show. That don't seem to be going for comedy.

Since the subject is Moses, maybe Pioneer should have incorporated the tune into their show?

The solo dancer stage left was originally to perform the "patter" as he danced...but mic problems made it a pre-recorded event.