San Antonio Lineup

Once you add the second "O" it no longer has a "oh" sound but an "ew" sound. Like TROOP or SWOOP. So BLOOO has an "ew" sound after the BL, and it looks better. :)

Since "Bloo" is a word coined by Bluecoats or their fans, the pronunciation they've chosen is the correct one.

That said, Hockey Dad is right that some words with "oo" are not pronounced with the vowel sound of "swoop".

The best-known example is "brooch", which rhymes with "coach".

• Like 1

And this is what Crown looked like in 2013 when they took the title: O0FQNPU.jpg

The uniform/shako (aka hat) theory doesn't stand up.

It was their elf magic that gave them the gold that year. I still think they needed those little shoes that curl up at the toes to finish the look.

• Like 2

Since "Bloo" is a word coined by Bluecoats or their fans, the pronunciation they've chosen is the correct one.

That said, Hockey Dad is right that some words with "oo" are not pronounced with the vowel sound of "swoop".

The best-known example is "brooch", which rhymes with "coach".

Ok, that's absolutely fair and a good point. But you get the idea :) I think Bloo fans just liked the look of BLOOO vs BLUUU.

Edited by jwillis35

That's a possibility although I doubt it. Cadets usually practice how they want to perform.

Speaking of practice -- the periscope of the horns from the lot had them playing small sections of the show. Is it just me, or is this very unusual for Cadets? They usually stick to warmups and legacy tunes.

I thought so, too.

Agreed. Of the corps I saw, second-worst offender after BK was Madison, but they weren't nearly as bad as BK in this regard.

Although in both cases, speaker placement vs. webcast microphones might have been a significant contributing factor.

I was in the middle of the upper deck, just off the 50, and it was still super loud. It's like pouring ketchup on a dry aged ribeye. Totally unnecessary with a hornline of this calibre. (And, to me, really distracting as well.) To be fair, they certainly aren't the only ones doing it but it seemed more pronounced to me during their show.

Down 1.425 and in 3rd with 3 weeks to go is not insurmountable.

In 2011, Cavies won the MN & TX regionals. Cadets were 4th in MN, 3rd in TX, 2nd in GA, 2nd in PA, and finally ended up in 1st on the LAST show of the season in NY.

In 1996, Phantom was in 4th in Quarter-Finals down 3.7 points. They got 3rd in Semis and jumped to 1st (tie) at Finals.

Go back a little further to 1991 - Star couldn't beat Cavies in the month of June. Cavies couldn't beat Star in the month of July. Cavies didn't beat Star in August until Semi-Finals. Star went 1st, 2nd, 3rd over finals week. Earlier that summer, Cavies had also lost to BD (finished 4th) and Phantom (finished 8th).

Finally, google some good old Velvet Knights shows - Things aren't over until the fat lady sings (and gets eaten by a shark).

Actually, the Cadets ended up in first at the TOC show at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherrford, NJ the day after the Allentown shows in 2011.

• Like 1

it's a photoshop conspiracy. Don't you remember everyone was saying it's dead.

Nobody said it was dead. The comment was it's dying. If you can find a photo from the 60's and 70's,you'll see plenty of people in the rear stands. In SA, the rear stands were a ghost town.