Music on the Move--Bentonille, Arkansas Tuesday, July 14 2015

Earlier today Genesis had posted on their Facebook page that they were having minor transportation issues.

BD overtakes Crown in guard last night....I'm really pulling for Crown's guard to take 1st this year so I hope they pull back ahead.

Interesting to see the spread between SOA and Colts....still pretty tight and SOA taking VA, Brass, Music Analysis and Percussion and oh so close in guard.

It also looks like we have a number of Open Class corps who are really going to be ahead or class to many World Class corps again. It is going to be quite a shoot out for the Top 25 I think to add to the many exciting close groups!

Just got home from the show.

First of all...Genesis didn't perform until after Blue Devils tonight. There was an announcement at the start of the show that Genesis wouldn't perform until last, though no reason was givin.

Jersey Surf was a pleasant surprise.

Spirit was really good too...though there was a player that tripped towards the beginning but I don't think many people noticed.

Colts was much better than expected.

I loved Boston....but something was wrong with the electronics because no one could hear the singer at all until she hit the high note where she holds it...at that point the electronics worked fine. It was really kind of a bummer for the girl.

Crown.....well...it was quite obvious this was the fan favorite. The opening impact was unbelievable.....I did feel cheated when they didn't use the black banner though. I personally thought the guard outperformed the Devils' tonight.

Devils....very very good. cleaner than Crown, but not as impactful, at least with the crowd. I still like it more than their material from 2008-2013. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the title again.

A very good show all around, just as good as the past shows, maybe the best year yet for the venue.

Spot on analysis. The Spirit guy who tripped made a fantastic recovery given the tightness of the rotating block he was in the middle of!

Crown blew me away, as usual. BD must hate following them because the crowd response seemed underwhelming.

Spot on analysis. The Spirit guy who tripped made a fantastic recovery given the tightness of the rotating block he was in the middle of!

Crown blew me away, as usual. BD must hate following them because the crowd response seemed underwhelming.

They really haven't gotten much in the way of crowd response in general since they left the west coast.

They really haven't gotten much in the way of crowd response in general since they left the west coast.

I heard lots of cheers for B.D. on the Warrensville stream.

I heard lots of cheers for B.D. on the Warrensville stream.

They've been getting LOTS of cheers and applause compared to 2010, 2012, and 2013.

• Like 2

They've been getting LOTS of cheers and applause compared to 2010, 2012, and 2013.

Ya, I 'd agree with this as well. BD's show this season is seemingly more fan friendly than some of their recent editions. Thus, from my my observations anyway, they have been getting good and solid levels of mostly positive audience reception and applause as they move East this season. Last season, BD seemingly got a better national audience response than the year before as well in my observation.

Edited by BRASSO

They've been getting LOTS of cheers and applause compared to 2010, 2012, and 2013. [/quote

I could hear my hair grow during those shows. 😷

I really love the music this year. Visual needs some wow moments.

Edited by Tobias