No caption among the top 5 is "consistent" this year lol. Everyone is trading like crazy from night to night because they're all that #### good.

• Like 2

I know the judges are more qualified than I am, but I have two things.

1) Do Bluecoats not get credit for their use of electronics in MA? I can't imagine the phasing issues they have to face and they do an amazing job of it. I guess I'm just surprised they aren't doing better in that caption.

2) The Cadets have a challenging brass book, that's for sure. SO many notes. However, I feel like they're getting some credit that they shouldn't be at this point. I could see them winning high brass once they nail all of this, but I feel like they're just not as clean as most of the top brass lines, while getting credit for things that aren't as polished.

Just my $.02, I'm curious to other's opinions on these two points.

• Like 1

cadets guard placement? score improving?

0.4 out of first. In fourth so bumped up one spot and cut the gap tonight. We will have to wait to see if that becomes a trend.

• Like 1

Agreed. The two judges had cadets and BD tied in GE in terms of comp. Cadets need to refine and clean that guard. Holding them back from dominating. They won't put BD or Coats to bed unless they do so. BD certainly strongly in it as are the Bluecoats.

Yeah. Medal contenders are set in my opinion.

0.4 out of first. In fourth so bumped up one spot and cut the gap tonight. We will have to wait to see if that becomes a trend.

If I remember right, their Achievement scores have been the killer so far. Their substance scores have been around top 3 I think. So getting that achievement score up, which will naturally happen the further we get in the season, means they'll be right in the mix towards the end of the year. Judges like their program, they just aren't performing at that top level.

Yeah. Medal contenders are set in my opinion.

Eh that bronze is still very much up for grabs. Still got 3 weeks with changes and cleaning still to come from all corps so Bluecoats could very well slip out of that spot. I'll give you the gold and silver but that bronze won't be set until maybe going into that final week (hopefully not at all though).

I am thinking that the key to Cadets winning it all in Indy could very well come down to Crown's guard and SCV's percussion. If both of those captions beat BD, then that will either push BD closer to Cadets (guard and possibly percussion) or create more space between then (percussion). The rest I just see Cadets either having an advantage or being basically equal. Now, I am not suggesting that there isn't a possibility of Bloo or Crown or SCV or BK or anyone else surprising. Just working with the most likely final battle for the title. All we can do is wait and watch!

Well guys take this with a grain of salt as anything can happy in the crazy world of drum corps but here is how I think finals will play out. Either Cadets will take it all or Bloo will. Cadets are really really good and I wouldn't mind them winning at all with a show like this. SO much better than last year. There is also a pretty good chance that Bloo will win just because there's so much they can do with that show. I think Cadets will mostly clean until the end of the season and Bloo, in addition to cleaning like crazy, will add some pretty big GE moments. BD is definitely in the race of course but I just feel like they don't have as much room to grow. Who knows though.