Attendance SHAZZAM!

Will not forget the huge crowd at Montreal at Olympic Stadium. Still have a program with the Chatlaines on the cover. The amount of corps at that time was dazzling.

The Montreal DCI Finals in 1980 had over 35,000 in actual stadium attendance.

There is no real benefit to misrepresenting attendance figures here, ie " biggest attendance ever ", or " most watched ever ", and so forth. We should be happy to simply state that there appears to be increased attendance this year over recent years, and be satisfied with that accurate, optimistic, encouraging news, all by itself.

I remember 70's/80's "Finals" attendance at 30,000+. A different type of crowd too. More representative of the Shows themselves. A lot more aggressive and "In Your Face." I've said on here previously, it was like going to an S.E.C. football game. I'm glad that attendance is getting better, but in comparison it's still S.E.C. football type crowds vs Pro Tennis/Golf crowds. I'm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at DCI being excited over a 22,000 Finals attendance. I guess that's not bad when it's been in the teens, but it's not 35k........

I remember 70's/80's "Finals" attendance at 30,000+. A different type of crowd too. More representative of the Shows themselves. A lot more aggressive and "In Your Face." I've said on here previously, it was like going to an S.E.C. football game. I'm glad that attendance is getting better, but in comparison it's still S.E.C. football type crowds vs Pro Tennis/Golf crowds. I'm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at DCI being excited over a 22,000 Finals attendance. I guess that's not bad when it's been in the teens, but it's not 35k........

There aren't nearly as many corps around now compared to how many there were before though. So of course a wider audience was attracted back then. Regardless, DCI has to start somewhere to get attendance back up and they're definitely headed in the right direction.

There aren't nearly as many corps around now compared to how many there were before though. So of course a wider audience was attracted back then. Regardless, DCI has to start somewhere to get attendance back up and they're definitely headed in the right direction.

Not to mention how ever many thousands? of people watched Finals live along with the stadium audience.