Tour of Champions Chester- Official Thread 7/30

Can anyone think of the last time there was a legitimate 3 horse race this late in the season.

2011?

• Like 1

Line of storms definitely moving faster now. best guess from where I'm sitting, as long as the front keeps moving at its current speed...line arrives in Chester around 3pm. and out of there by 5pm...should be quicker at the rate its moving. There may also be some pop up smaller hit and miss type storms developing in the warm sector before the cold front arrival. But it seems to me as i'm looking right now, everything should easily be cleared out by 6pm no problem.

Behind the front and during the show, Dewpoints should be lowering for a much more comfortable evening than the last few.

EDIT: may be some sprinkles or light rain falling in Chester now from pop up storms.

• Like 1

Line of storms definitely moving faster now. best guess from where I'm sitting, as long as the front keeps moving at its current speed...line arrives in Chester around 3pm. and out of there by 5pm...should be quicker at the rate its moving. There may also be some pop up smaller hit and miss type storms developing in the warm sector before the cold front arrival. But it seems to me as i'm looking right now, everything should easily be cleared out by 6pm no problem.

Behind the front and during the show, Dewpoints should be lowering for a much more comfortable evening than the last few.

EDIT: may be some sprinkles or light rain falling in Chester now from pop up storms.

That would be AWESOME!

Thanks for arranging for this :tounge2:

• Like 1

1. 93.25 BD (ending completed with some beautiful surprises, character development, percussion so much cleaner, and the INK will finally be clean. I mean that INK drill set that has been a bit off all season will be perfect.

2. 93.10 Crown Their guard will get 2nd and percussion 6th, so even though they beat BD in GE music and brass. they come in second but by just .15

3. 92.20 Cadets Uniforms will make their crazy awesome drill look less crazy and awesome with the change from light to dark. A great corps going on last at what is basically a home show. Unfortunately for them, they will find themselves behind the leaders by a point.

4. 91.95 SCV Drill is getting clean and their percussion will pull them barely ahead of Bloo and barely behind Cadets

5. 91.90 Bloo I enjoy this show, but it does not have the same impact as last years.

6. 87.15 Phantom Regiment is making a bit of a late run.

7. 87.00 Cavaliers

No matter how the corps place, it is exciting that we actually have a few corps that have a chance to win tonight and more importantly next weekend. I am sure my predictions are wrong, but it was just for fun. I will not apologize for my biased predictions.

edited for the many mistakes I made grammar, stuff that did not make sense, etc.... in my defense it was 4 AM.

Cadets will win..BD 3rd.

Top three are all beatable. They've each bested each other. I still think Cadets have a bit more of an edge. I think uniform change will add to the intensity of them and let's face it, judges have seen all these corps multiple times so it gets stale so this may be a small boost for GE for Cadets. Whether it happens tonight, this weekend or next week I'm not sure.

Definitely interested in seeing how much of a bump Cadets gets in GE.

Not to be a downer...but the weather for this show is at risk.

1. It will be hot, an Excessive Heat Warning is already in place, it does expire at 6pm Thursday, but it'll still be hot. If some rain can come together in the morning, it won't be as hot, but that won't be known until Thursday morning unfortunately.

2. The cold front that's plowing through the Midwest this morning is heading towards the area now. This will be the culprit for any line of storms that happens. The potential is great for a line of storms to develop out ahead of the cold front Thursday afternoon and early evening. if there is some good new this morning, the speed of the system seems to be getting a bit faster depending on which model you choose. Consensus is, its slightly faster. What that means is...if that speeding up trend continues, if a squall line does form, it would move through earlier in the day.

I'll update tomorrow morning, will have a lot better idea then.

it's also real turf, not artificial

• Like 1

This ripped through DC and drenched everything pretty good. But it does seem to be a fast mover.

• Like 1

My inner Bluecoats homer is wanting them to make a move and make it a 4 horse race. We shall see.

They are within striking distance if they get really clean visually.

• Like 1