DCI Suggestion Box

I'm sure that's true. I just don't like what is happening. Sometimes there is no sound coming off the field other than electronics controlled by someone who isn't even on the field: some educated audio pro who knows how to make things happen. At what point do we stop the charade that there is an age limit for the "performers?"

Give 1 example.

Give 1 example.

I'm sure that's true. I just don't like what is happening. Sometimes there is no sound coming off the field other than electronics controlled by someone who isn't even on the field: some educated audio pro who knows how to make things happen. At what point do we stop the charade that there is an age limit for the "performers?"

Crown's show in 2014? All I hear for the first 30 seconds is what sounds like a digital sound file. If that singing is coming from live on the field... well, it doesn't come across that way.

Crown's show in 2014? All I hear for the first 30 seconds is what sounds like a digital sound file. If that singing is coming from live on the field... well, it doesn't come across that way.

I guess you missed the videos. It's sung live.

• Like 2

I found BD to be exceptionally entertaining this year. Judging by comments here on the forums so did a LOT of other people.

The entire DCI field this year was phenomenal.

I hate to say this but this was a this winning BD show I DID enjoy. I can not say the same for some of the others. Liked it alot.

As CrownBariDad says, that was a live chorus right at the front sideline.

I don't know if there are any occasions where the sound from the corps is not at least keyed by a member (albeit remotely, as for the sound effects at the top of Bluecoats' 2011 show--before the music starts in "Creep"), although that sound itself has all too often been something prerecorded (to which I object) and not even by a member of he corps (to which I object even more), and certainly how the sound as heard by the audience has been subject to manipulation by a non-member (to which I also object). If brass and battery players are responsible for their own volume control and balancing with one another, why are pit percussionists (to a degree) and especially synthesizer players exempt from that responsibility?

• Like 1

T-shirt cannons in the lot and at intermission. And a random mix of the corps performing that night in the t-shirt cannon.

*(Obviously just for fun)

Do you really find that comment by drangin to be irrational and hate-filled? I just see someone who didn't like their show.

In past years it's been brutal

In past years, it's been brutal.

I joined DCP at the end of 2009, and I found that in 2010-2013 especially, BD took a lot of heat. Some of it was wildly inappropriate. But some of it expressed honest confusion at what BD was doing and why it was being rewarded, and those genuine responses quite frequently were met with snark from BD's supporters. (You can still see examples posted over this summer in which some BD fan claims that BD's design and execution is conducted at a level to which no other corps aspires.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand