Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Here's my 2 yen

blue.jpg

Here's my 2 yen

blue.jpg

AHAA! I knew it!

wait... what?

I'm finding this a little bit ironic now - about how a lot of fans are all like "you don't need an overall theme, or storyline, you just need some good tunes and a good visual program!" like Tilt.

And now eeeevvvvvverybody wants to know what the "Title" of their show is this year, and are about to pee their pants over it, when really, does it matter that much?

You want to know the title so you can sit back and start imagining what they might do on the field.

What's going to happen is that they will come out to perform, and Brandt is going to say "Presenting their 2016 program...._____" and nobody is going to understand exactly what he said, and then there will be a half dozen topics created over it, and everyone will argue over the exact title of their show until it's actually posted somewhere online in some official capacity.

• Like 3

The title of their show will be "We Play Really Good Music" and they will step on the field and sound like a million bucks! :) I've never been one to really worry about a theme or title of a show. In fairness, I am in my early 50s now and came from an era where some of the best shows had no theme. Just great music to movement. But I do understand DCI is deeper than that now. I have a sneaky suspicion Bluecoats will be highly entertaining, incredibly good, and their show will have some fantastic GE. All the music they are doing is wonderful...might be my favorite selection of tunes anyone is doing this year.

• Like 1

With "Great Gig in the Sky," I feel like the answer is quite obvious actually....

Perhaps they called dibs on "Stoned" first, which is why The Cadets had to change their title. 0_0

• Like 3

Bluecoats had their concert for the city of Granville last night in Denison's Fine Arts Quad. This year they pulled their mothership soundboard and a couple of their speakers down to the quad, so there was some electronics as opposed to last year when there was none. They played most of the show music, but not the end of Todo Tiende (they are still working/adding onto it). In a nutshell, it was a great concert. The horn line sounds fantastic to me for early June. In particular, they have a great trumpet line that has 3 or 4 legit screamers. In Todo Tiende, they featured three of them playing, in unison, what I am guessing will ultimately be a solo for one of them. The "solo" was all above high C and though the intonation was a little off with the three of them playing it, all three nailed it. It is a nice luxury when you can pick any of three screamers for a solo and not have to worry. If I counted correctly, there are 80 in the horn line--24 trumpets, 16 mellos, 24 baris / euphoniums / trombones, and 16 tubas. As I mentioned in the Cadets thread, electronics seem to me to be more a backdrop to the show this year--less in your face--and the show has an old school, but old school reimagined vibe to it--certainly not Tilt 3. Having been to this same concert last year, I can safely say the corps is ahead of where they were last year, and also that there is much more content in the horn book than last year. The battery sounds great to me, but I am definitely not a drum guy, so I can't critically tell you how they stack-up as to how they were this time last year, or to other lines.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

With "Great Gig in the Sky," I feel like the answer is quite obvious actually....

Perhaps they called dibs on "Stoned" first, which is why The Cadets had to change their title. 0_0

I would find this to be closest to the title of the show...if I were to guess.

• Like 1

Bluecoats had their concert for the city of Granville last night in Denison's Fine Arts Quad. This year they pulled their mothership soundboard and a couple of their speakers down to the quad, so there was some electronics as opposed to last year when there was none. They played most of the show music, but not the end of Todo Tiende (they are still working/adding onto it). In a nutshell, it was a great concert. The horn line sounds fantastic to me for early June. In particular, they have a great trumpet line that has 3 or 4 legit screamers. In Todo Tiende, they featured three of them playing, in unison, what I am guessing will ultimately be a solo for one of them. The "solo" was all above high C and though the intonation was a little off with the three of them playing it, all three nailed it. It is a nice luxury when you can pick any of three screamers for a solo and not have to worry. If I counted correctly, there are 80 in the horn line--24 trumpets, 16 mellos, 24 baris / euphoniums / trombones, and 16 tubas. As I mentioned in the Cadets thread, electronics seem to me to be more a backdrop to the show this year--less in your face--and the show has an old school, but old school reimagined vibe to it--certainly not Tilt 3. Having been to this same concert last year, I can safely say the corps is ahead of where they were last year, and also that the there is much more content in the horn book than last year. The battery sounds great to me, but I am definitely not a drum guy, so I can't critically tell you how they stack-up as to how they were this time last year, or to other lines.

Thanks! Finally something concrete vs hype. Can't wait to see them.