Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

I had a guy on reddit tell me that they played some Pat Metheny at one of the audition camps. However, he said he's not sure if it was show material or not. This is the song he said they played: https://youtu.be/y0TQjzlMDIc

Seems to be right up their alley in terms of being both contemporary and technically challenging, so it's possible!

Omg.

Don't tease me like that, the thought of them doing that with their current vibe makes me weak in the knees. Lol. Crossmen 02s opener with that is one of my all time favorites.

Looking forward to hearing what they're doing, it's been about this time the last two years they've announced a piece or two. Hoping to hear something soon and hope they don't change a thing they're doing. Can't get enough of it.

I had a guy on reddit tell me that they played some Pat Metheny at one of the audition camps. However, he said he's not sure if it was show material or not. This is the song he said they played: https://youtu.be/y0TQjzlMDIc

Seems to be right up their alley in terms of being both contemporary and technically challenging, so it's possible!

Pretty cool piece of music. It definitely evokes the kind of imagery you'd want to see on the field. Sounds like it would be a natural for a percussion feature leading to the back half of a show. This would be a terrific fit for the entire music ensemble.

Heard from a member about a song with heat also in the name that they were definitely playing

Edited by RPK

Will the Bluecoats' show be straight fire this year?

Will they burn the competition for their first title?

Are they going to bring DCI to a boil?

These are some hot questions to ponder!

• Like 1

Does this heat theme possibly mean a new addition to the uniform? Something orange or red on the sash possibly?

Will the Bluecoats' show be straight fire this year?

Will they burn the competition for their first title?

Are they going to bring DCI to a boil?

These are some hot questions to ponder!

What is this from?

I love the Bluecoats, but that wasn't an update video.

Glad the drum majors a great guy and they're throwing some retro ideas into what they're doing, but meh, didn't really do anything for me.

You're that excited about that video? Just curious why? Not being a jerk, just seemed blah.