Cadets 2016

Tobias

Someone posted during the last DCI Live that the people at DCI office hate the Cadets. Tonight on DCI Live, instead of showing the Cadets program, they redisplayed Crown's program. At the Live event last week, they had no composer listed for the 2nd part of Pines of Rome and it had some long gibberish that someone typed in on purpose and included BYYYYLIIIIIIIIIINNNNEEEEEE. They do this at every single Live event. Opening night in the theater also included a 'mistake', listing last year's program. That's disappointing that the staff at DCI can be that petty that they have to consistently mess up only on the Cadets at every single broadcast and that no one in management is doing anything about it. (It happened last year in the theater events too.) It is a pattern and with only one corps. Really ridiculous. Let's see what they choose to mess up on tomorrow night.

Lol. Well...

Noticed all that too. Tonight and also in SAT the multicam was terrible for Cadets, great for Crown / BD... I'm sure it is just a massive coincidence lol

After catching the rehearsal video I think I like the old ending better. But I'll get a live read at finals week. My favorite symphonic piece currently is Wine-Dark Sea so maybe I just feel slighted. Lol. I give them time to put on a uniform clean and rewrite the final moments in brass to be better.

Also I don't like the Cadets visual approach usually, but there are some wonderfully cool moments. In movement 2 where the pseudo-DNA goes back field and the Tubas make the rotating box, awesome. The the triangle part in the new closer, really cool. Just the score is low due to guard non-integration.

• Like 1

Come on now....are some of you REALLY reaching the point of blaming some technical glitches on DCI Live as proof of a conspiracy against the Cadets? Wow.

Illuminati confirmed.

• Like 1

Come on now....are some of you REALLY reaching the point of blaming some technical glitches on DCI Live as proof of a conspiracy against the Cadets? Wow.

i think it's nice of dci to give judges the option to make their adjudications based on either high cam or multi cam.

in fact, i think it should all be done via skype from now on.

• Like 1