2016 Uniform Thread

Please stop acting like the Bluecoats are the very first corps to use WGI-style uniforms on the field. What about Blue Devils 2012, Oregon Crusaders 2013, Jersey Surf 2015, and any such show that I may have missed?

I think they're the first to go 100% all out on it. In terms of no headgear, sleek body fitting stuff. Oregon 2013 is the closest one, if they didn't have helmets Id say they did it first.

• Like 1

Please stop acting like the Bluecoats are the very first corps to use WGI-style uniforms on the field. What about Blue Devils 2012, Oregon Crusaders 2013, Jersey Surf 2015, and any such show that I may have missed?

2009 bluecoats with the cloud shirts. I think it's more of the fact it's the first top 6 group to full on do it. BD only did tops which ended in uniform. Jersey Surf and OC aren't seen in the same light and can do anything and won't get this talk. It's a break from the norm that ruBS people differently. You get broken down into categories of do you want drum corps to be more WGI or traditional? Edited by BlueStainGlass

Overall, I respect Bloo's choice of uniforms. I'm not sure I like the pants though. Either the fit or material doesn't look right.. and they are wearing belts. I think the uniforms run the incredible risk of looking cheap. If the material ages well and doesn't show wear and tear, they'll be ok.

From the shot of the DM at the end of the show, it looks like they have a body suit top with belted pants on bottom.

short-term memory loss...

Just cause they are ugly uniforms doesn't mean it detracts from their show. There are many different WGI-movement-enabled type costumes that would work and look better. But who cares, the ugly uniform doesn't really detract from the performance.

This. This is my problem with it. I LOVE the fact that they're taking a risk and not sticking with a traditional uniform, and I agree that what they're doing would be difficult with a traditional uniform. But if you're going that route, shouldn't you at least pick something that looks good? These look so cheesy. Their cloud tops from the 2009 show were phenomenal in comparison.

• Like 1

First of all, screw those of you who are questioning the masculinity of the Bluecoats members and design staff based on the uniform. Shame.

I admit I cringed for a very brief moment when I first saw it, but that reaction was very quickly overtaken by the mind-blowing show design and performance I was seeing on the field.

I honestly think Bluecoats are going to be in contention for the medal this year. None of the other shows from last night could even touch them in terms of design and man did they perform the heck out of it. Didn't look to me like any of them gave a rat's ### about wearing that uniform.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 4

Awful. Just awful. What red blooded male would want to wear this garbage?

How dare you. This is a new low...even for you.

• Like 5

I admit I cringed for a very brief moment when I first saw it, but that reaction was very quickly overtaken by the mind-blowing show design and performance I was seeing on the field.

Perhaps they might have anticipated this by holding off releasing photos of the uniforms before the show. Like you, I had the same reaction - love the unis with the show.

• Like 1

One thing about Bluecoats costumes ... The white and yellow pop on the green field turf and against the red props.

• Like 1