Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

How close to being done is BK? It seemed like it was a full show and they just stood still for the last 45 seconds or so?

The entire show, from announcement to ending, was a shade under 10 minutes, but the first 1:30+ was what seemed like nothing more than a pre-show that they maybe just did during the regular time-slot due to their show being so incomplete. I would say there was only about 8:00-8:30 of actual show on the field, with the last 20-30 seconds at a standstill.

I think BK eventually beats Cavaliers. Not sure about tonight, but soon. BK has more depth and they impress me a little more with their performance captions.

I disagree although I like BK's show better. Rapid, non-melodic horn attacks, extensive body movement, mirrors and pictures, and playing the Moonlight Sonata backwards are not innovative or more demanding (have more content). Just my two-cents. Cavies visual program is substantially more demanding than BK's, as is there music. The demand just isn't enough within BK's show, IMO.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

I personally think this may be it. But either way, people are upset because fans, through dci live and especially live events, are paying to see the show, and are only getting 3/4 of it.

[insert joke about the one legged look showing only 3/4 of each MM here] *snort*

• Like 1

is it possible that BK had or still has arranging/performance/synch/recording rights issues with a piece they had selected for their closer and they've had to rework it?

• Like 1

But even if you use just 2014 til now, it's still 3 years in a row of nearly the same exact thing. Like someone said before, it feels like they are using a template.

It's won them two championships in those two years. I don't blame them.

Lot of discussion happened earlier this season about innovation and a lot of it came down to how you defined innovation. I lurked rather than participated, but I think I've realized I care a lot more about just enjoying the product I see than having innovation

• Like 1

I think BK eventually beats Cavaliers. Not sure about tonight, but soon. BK has more depth and they impress me a little more with their performance captions.

Agree. Has top 6 construction and performance.

• Like 1

What is that black thing the BK center snare is wearing?

I wonder if it's a go pro. I haven't seen them this season other than tonight so I don't know if he wears it all the time.

Still felt unfinished.

• Like 1