Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

Sorry elements is a better word, but how much has the silhouette of the guard uniforms changed? How many years in a row has absence of color used by using white props? How many times has the guards hair been a prop? How many times has the battery laid out and let small sections of the music be led by the set player? They perform at high levels, but they tell different stories using the same building blocks. All while incredible innovation is happening around the activity.

Guard uniforms have changed quite a bit. Only recently (2014-2016) have their uniforms been similar.

White props is their thing, it kinda signals to me that I'm watching a BD show. The white props are always different so I haven't really had an issue with it. But I can see why it would bother people.

Hair extensions as props? I think that started in 2014 as well but I could be wrong.

They're a corps whose identity is jazz music. I don't see anything wrong with heavily incorporating a drum set.

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the show isn't complete and they just can't get the whole show on the field, but what if they don't WANT to put the ending on the field just yet and are just purposely saving it for later...

I have no idea but it seems feasible at least to me...

BD beats a formula up pretty well and it keeps working. Undefeated this season ? No

And i hope you are right. I want BD to lose a few shows this season to keep them motivated and grounded.

I think BK eventually beats Cavaliers. Not sure about tonight, but soon. BK has more depth and they impress me a little more with their performance captions.

Guard uniforms have changed quite a bit. Only recently (2014-2016) have their uniforms been similar.

White props is their thing, it kinda signals to me that I'm watching a BD show. The white props are always different so I haven't really had an issue with it. But I can see why it would bother people.

Hair extensions as props? I think that started in 2014 as well but I could be wrong.

They're a corps whose identity is jazz music. I don't see anything wrong with heavily incorporating a drum set.

But even if you use just 2014 til now, it's still 3 years in a row of nearly the same exact thing. Like someone said before, it feels like they are using a template.

• Like 1

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the show isn't complete and they just can't get the whole show on the field, but what if they don't WANT to put the ending on the field just yet and are just purposely saving it for later...

I have no idea but it seems feasible at least to me...

I personally think this may be it. But either way, people are upset because fans, through dci live and especially live events, are paying to see the show, and are only getting 3/4 of it.

If some kind of competitive element is their reason for not performing their entire program, then their motivation is entirely wrong. Competition is not the priority of drum corps. I'm not going to claim I know what IS priority, but it isn't competition. Entertainment has to be above that at least.

• Like 1

Starting to think BK's ending is being hidden for a reason. Won't we all look dumb?

• Like 1