Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

Awesome show. But finish it. This is getting crazy. But I loved every moment

• Like 1

Very complex show. BK handles the intricacies so well. Love the overall look of the corps, and the drill with props and overall staging and body movement is really synced well. Music is cool and ethereal, but perhaps lacks some of the emotional energy needed to climb higher into box 5. GE numbers will be interesting with these guys up to Finals. Otherwise I see them doing quite well in performance captions, visual, and guard.

Eh ... pretty incoherent on the theme, BK. No candle to 2014.

Nice battery.

BK 2014 was the best eighth place ever

Color! Dang that echoes last years amazing color use as well. When this is a done show at finals, I want to play it in sequence with the previous two. There's obvious ties but what sticks out in my head tonight is how last years closer takes a very ephemeral show and slowly builds some intensity using dynamic swells in "Fly to Paradise" then explodes with color before sucking it away quickly. This show carries the intensity forward musically before letting ALL THE COLORS go.

Now the pit is just showing off as they form the arc for exhibition.

I'm thinking this can't possibly be BK's closer they'll have come August Championships, as it just sort of ends.

Brass line sounds wonderful, but the show regrettably does little for me at the moment.

Sorry BK. I can't seem to get past the strangeness of it looking like a bunch of one legged torsos pulling or pushing themselves as they propel across the field when seeing you from up high. Perhaps it's an issue with outdoor lighting that will sort itself out in a dome? Right now, it's something I just can't 'unsee' and it's starting to make me giggle in my groggy sleepiness.

I am buying that effect. It does not work with the traditional block marching, but their ripples, body work, and positioning is ethereal with it.

Same design concepts? If you can tell me the similarities between the ideas of "Constantly Risking Absurdity", "1930", "Through a Glass Darkly", "The Beat my Heart Skipped", "Cabaret Voltaire", "Re:Rite of Spring", "Felliniesque", "Ink", and "As Dreams are Made On", I'll be impressed.

Same design elements, sure (white props and whatnot), but the concepts BD brings to the field every year are just mind-blowing and creative.

Sorry elements is a better word, but how much has the silhouette of the guard uniforms changed? How many years in a row has absence of color used by using white props? How many times has the guards hair been a prop? How many times has the battery laid out and let small sections of the music be led by the set player? They perform at high levels, but they tell different stories using the same building blocks. All while incredible innovation is happening around the activity.

• Like 1