Warrensburg Wateringhole

DCI can do what map companies did to prevent forgeries, create fake towns. IE change a number for the BD on the Blue Stars recap, and vise versa.

oh i can think of lots of measures and countermeasures. but just how much time effort and treasure is DCI willing to spend on it? and how will those efforts appear to everyone involved?

information wants to be free. where there's demand there will almost always be a supplier.

and no matter what the outcome, this experiment will prove nothing.

if the corps don't trust judges, it doesn't really matter if the recaps are public. there's a FAR BIGGER problem ie the lack of trust. that's goes WAY beyond recaps. it goes to the integrity of the whole system.

if there are judges that corps don't trust, dci should be focusing on allowing corps to cooperatively remove them. if that would result in DCI having no judges, again -- BIG PROBLEM. otoh if it gets rid of a handful of controversial judges, then GOOD.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

I really can't stand this. GE should probably be around 20% of the score.

The risk then would be that someone performs a really dull show brilliantly and wins.

No. Corps can finish 6th, 7th in brass or drums and win a DCI title, but can't do it if the overall GE score (or their guard, in modern times, anyway) is below 3rd.

The weirdest score was a corps that won the percussion caption in the Prelims at DCI Championships one year: 1st in all four percussion subcaptions and with both DCI percussion judges too. But their entire percussion section had to buy a ticket to Finals (or get a freebie), as their corps failed to make Finals Top 12. That's unreal, imo (1977: it was the Oakland Crusaders, from Canada).

OK, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a new trend for G.E. to be the primary driver of overall score.

Crown's show is the easiest show for me to enjoy. I get goosebumps during Roxanne and I'd pick their music as my favorite across the board. I think it's crazy they didn't move up higher than they were last night. They don't seem to be trying to do anything different or stand out from the crowd, they do it naturally by just putting on a great show with music I get really into. I've seen their show live 4 times and the soloists NEVER crack. Did anyone else see the guard members doing literal flips? The part during the fight over Roxanne in the bar and the Robber kicks at the "son" (or good guy, whatever) and the Son flips backwards?! I LOST MY ####.

That fight choreography is brilliantly done. Maybe the single visual moment I enjoyed most tonight.

But I also loved when Bluecoats' guard was going face-first down the slide. (Just before the sequential blind flag toss over the slide.)

• Like 2

That already happens all the time.

Blue Devils more times than non here recently.

• Like 1

DCI judge logic. If the crowd goes nuts about a corps, put them in second.

Edited by D41145