Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

btw you get this pizza in Dayton! Cassano's Pizza King! (salt under the crust too -- it's amazing)

Is that Cassano's or Marion's? Both are Dayton classic pizze! (Pizze is plural of pizza in Italian.)

• Like 1

"It just looks weird" is part of BD's signature. I've gotten used to it in the years. It just wouldn't be a BD show without it.

It seems to me that the Diablos design team is alway trying to, if I may quote from their 2nd place show in 2008, Constantly Risking Absurdity.

The use of the K-pop music in 2015 and the use of a Bieber song in a 2016 program allegedly built around a Shakespeare theme are but recent examples.

What puzzles me, in light of the superb marching and playing talent possessed by BD's MMs, is why these gifts are ignored in favor of devoting precious minutes of their programs to base, trivial music.

How about another beautiful ballad instead?

Not to me, I thought tonight was another level.

+++

I don't mean to be an audio snob, but drum corps is my raison etre and I've spent years assembling audio components, speakers, subs, electronics, that can play DRUM CORPS.

That means LOUD, like LIVE drum corps loud, and just as importantly, when played loud NO DISTORTION. And that means horn driven speakers, BIG ones. I use hot rodded Klipsch CF-4's. Then can easily reach 110 DB, and the bass dips into the 40 Hz range. I can FEEL the power.

I've watched drum corps for more than 30 years from the stands, and I've sat inside BD's horn circle. I know what live drum corps sounds like.

With my speakers tonight;s show shakes the floor, it vibrates my chest cavity and rim shots nearly take my ears off with the CRACK you get live.

What I'm saying is if you use cheap computer speakers, or have to play the sound DOWN then yes, BD will not sound very exciting. But the way I had things cranked up tonight, BD was VERY exciting, as was CROWN and SCV.

Your mileage may differ. :cool:

You posted your setup earlier this season right? It's godly. I hope I can get a setup like that when I'm older