DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Right? There was no first notice to leave, it went immediately to 11 with him saying "you REALLY need to go NOW." Sometimes the whole thing is still very much amateur hour.

resized_montyburnsmemegeneratorsmithersr

I usually just stay on the side read all of these great posts and I loved the play-by-play last night - thank you. I was so excited to get to semis as I had not seen crown or bluecoats live, i was already a fan of bd, scv, and cavies' shows and i was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed bk live! When bc came on I was prepared for E=mc2 or Spartacus or Felliniesque or even Angels and Demons - so much hype and excitement! I'm sad to say I was disappointed. The feet, amps, pacing, and so much solo/soli features - it just did not translate for me - imo.

• Like 1

BD win Vis by 0.15 over Bloo, Crown wins Music 0.06 over Bloo.

And didn't Crown win Music?

So running from set to set and climbing up a slide equals more demand? The show is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I completely disagree that the Bluecoats show has more demand.

Perhaps, yes... but that's not how it works.

They are playing comparable literature with respect to meter, phrasing, part division, smallest note values, featured sections, solo dependencies, articulation and dynamic variation, ensemble integration, etc, etc...

Heck, the top 7 or 8... if not the whole of the finals group plus a few more are exhibiting the same mature qualities at times.

The show is what is judged... not the 3 second rip/hit at set 63b. Or the singular pass through drill at set 84a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i.

For once this guy is right.

LOL! Nice backhanded compliment, Flammy!

(from your Bud from back in the BD Discussion Board days :biggrin: )