DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Interesting how the same arguments that are used against BD when they win are now being used against the Bluecoats. Lol.

Ok now I'm gonna go to bed.......maybe.

Please do. DCP is going into its late-night bad mood mode. Wake up well-rested and ready to cheer on this great group of Finalists. (And at the same time, hope that the Bluecoats' electronics work.) Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

And for those that want DCI judges off the field...here ya go...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_glev1oFobQ

Oh, J.P.

And for those that want DCI judges off the field...here ya go...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_glev1oFobQ

when you see your ex with someone new

• Like 2

Interesting how the same arguments that are used against BD when they win are now being used against the Bluecoats. Lol.

Ok now I'm gonna go to bed.......maybe.

That's how I've learned to approach those arguments over the years... laugh and keep scrolling.

• Like 1

I'm not saying you're wrong about Bloo's demand - I'm just saying that the comparison to Crown and BD is flawed, becsuse everything you're pointing out is stuff BD & Crown have also been doing, at a high level, for the last 5+ years.

Playing difficult music at a significant spread (in the opener, say) - Crown.

Interacting with props while playing - BD.

Syncopation at significant spreads, with props (a glass wall, say) in the way - BD.

Dance/movement - BD, Crown.

Fast tempos - Crown, Cadets.

Field coverage - plenty 21st century corps post-Frameworks.

Bloo is winning because they found a way to take stuff like this - key components of a winning formula - and do it in their own breezy, exciting, electronically innovative style. But it's not as if BD and Crown suddenly stopped doing it. No single corps is dominating all the charts - Crown and BD aren't being beaten at their own game, but yes, Bloo has absolutely proven to be on par with them both.

Aren't they slightly better than "on par" in 2016?

C'mon... you can do it... 😉

• Like 1

This is so wrong it's not funny. There were entire electronic segments GONE, as in completely missing from the show. Maybe you just haven't seen them enough to really realize it. A friend of mine who works with Bluecoats said they had an entire electronics/effects meltdown. Some select mics were functional but nothing beyond that. Didn't you see the guy running to the right of the field back to the middle trying to get everything in working order? It went on the entire show. There was so much missing from tonight it was nearly unwatchable, including the build to the end, and the final sound effect of sliding down the ramps on the last note of the show.

^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

i was not speaking in terms of a direct comparison, i am implying that the excitement generated by iconic shows like those seemed to be what was happening this year w bc. just surprised by what i saw and heard.

That is another observation to pay attention to. In a 3 way race... being consistently 2 when you aren't 1 is REALLY helpful.

And they have that monster lead in GE compared to how the other two are barely beating them in the other caps.