2017 PREDICTIONS!

8 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

It's so hard to predict this sort of stuff but there's one thing that's 100% certain: this thread is going to be hilarious to look back on in two months

I might dig through last years to see who was closest......

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Than last year. Vast improvements in both facets, and if memory serves (it does), last year brought them an 11th place Saturday night. They didn't squeak in last year, and they're way better this year than last year.

Every drum corps that ever existed is way better than last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Than last year. Vast improvements in both facets, and if memory serves (it does), last year brought them an 11th place Saturday night. They didn't squeak in last year, and they're way better this year than last year.

To be fair, Madison and BAC both had a relatively weak season last year while Academy had their best ever. That put's Academy in a tough spot. Just being improved might not be good enough if both Madison and BAC get back on their feet. It'll be a tough fight all around really.

Here goes nothing

1. Blue Devils - might be all over the place throughout the season but they'll really strive for the gold when finals comes around

2. Vanguard - Again, it's been too long

3. Bloo - Corps tend to dip in scores after a successful year

4. Cavies - Really diggin' their show concept

5. Cadets - Last year was good, they suffered a little dip, but it won't cause a descending momentum for them

6. Crown - I hear of things that may hurt them (please prove me wrong Crown)

7. Phantom - I also dig their show

8. Boston - Hear that they'll step up on their game

9. Knights - I hate myself for putting them this low, BK are my homeboys. I just feel that the other corps will outplace them (PLEASE prove me wrong BK)

10. Madison - They realized that they needed to step their game last year

11. Stars- This is too rude of a place for me to put them in, I want them to ascend

12. Academy - Really it's a toss between them and Crossmen through the whole season, but they'll push to be in the top 12 again (Sorry Xmen I love you)

• Like 3

Here we go - 

1.  Bluecoats - ride the high and being in the forefront of mixing recorded/miced/live music.  Visual gets better and gap widens over everyone else as they show DCI what being on the edge means.

2. SCV - after the powerful shows in the past 3 years they break through on the sheets, winning percussion and color guard and second in visual and GE and in a surprise move they go into the "bottle dance" in warm up, the crowd blows the roof off the dome, never sits down for the entire show as the adjudicators can't hear themselves speak.

3.  Cavies - the swagger is back along with a show that fits them perfectly.

4.  Blue Devils - the greatest organization in DCI puts on a great show, just lacking a slight amount in their usual strong categories.

5.  Carolina Crown - in the closest top 6 ever in DCI, a wonderful show is rewarded, but just not enough to over take the top 4.

6.  Blue Stars - climbing back into the top 6, the long journey of one of the most historic Corps in DCI, continues.

7.  Cadets - Hopkins goes crazy, ripping score sheets up and flipping off the judges at retreat.  Swears to go on the road in a new stage show with Cirque du Soliel.

8.  Phantom Regiment - with the audience begging for a great show and the "Phantom Sound", the group can't quite rise to the occasion and plays an ok show, getting an ok response and ok scores.

9.  Boston - all the money for new staff, etc, starts to pay off and things start to look like there actually is a long term plan in play here.  The crowd buzzes with excitement for another Eastern Corps to rise from the ashes.

10.  Madison - starting to look and sound like the Madison of old, crowd members weep as Madison grabs the number 10 spot.

11.  Blue Knights - in yet another confusing and convoluted show, the Knights waste a year with a talented group of youngsters as the crowd and judges are left scratching their heads and saying "WTH" to each other as BK goes by in retreat.

12.  Troopers - climbing back in the top 12 with the highest 12th place score ever, the Troopers stake their claim to being back by pulling out "Battle Hymn" with the star burst drill at the end of the show.  Older folks scream and cry, remembering better times and "that's what DCI is, right there!", while youngsters are blown away by the symmetrical drill, claiming the Casper, Wyoming corps is breaking new ground in drill writing and it's the future of visuals!

13.  Academy/Crossmen - a tie for 13th in Semi-finals, missing only by .005 of making it into finals.  Both Corps swear they will double down on the paths they are on and swear to their fans to be back in the top 12 next year, while a Blue Devils B, creeps closer to making it in to Finals!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

Here we go - 

1.  Bluecoats - ride the high and being in the forefront of mixing recorded/miced/live music.  Visual gets better and gap widens over everyone else as they show DCI what being on the edge means.

2. SCV - after the powerful shows in the past 3 years they break through on the sheets, winning percussion and color guard and second in visual and GE and in a surprise move they go into the "bottle dance" in warm up, the crowd blows the roof off the dome, never sits down for the entire show as the adjudicators can't hear themselves speak.

3.  Cavies - the swagger is back along with a show that fits them perfectly.

4.  Blue Devils - the greatest organization in DCI puts on a great show, just lacking a slight amount in their usual strong categories.

5.  Carolina Crown - in the closest top 6 ever in DCI, a wonderful show is rewarded, but just not enough to over take the top 4.

6.  Blue Stars - climbing back into the top 6, the long journey of one of the most historic Corps in DCI, continues.

7.  Cadets - Hopkins goes crazy, ripping score sheets up and flipping off the judges at retreat.  Swears to go on the road in a new stage show with Cirque du Soliel.

8.  Phantom Regiment - with the audience begging for a great show and the "Phantom Sound", the group can't quite rise to the occasion and plays an ok show, getting an ok response and ok scores.

9.  Boston - all the money for new staff, etc, starts to pay off and things start to look like there actually is a long term plan in play here.  The crowd buzzes with excitement for another Eastern Corps to rise from the ashes.

10.  Madison - starting to look and sound like the Madison of old, crowd members weep as Madison grabs the number 10 spot.

11.  Blue Knights - in yet another confusing and convoluted show, the Knights waste a year with a talented group of youngsters as the crowd and judges are left scratching their heads and saying "WTH" to each other as BK goes by in retreat.

12.  Troopers - climbing back in the top 12 with the highest 12th place score ever, the Troopers stake their claim to being back by pulling out "Battle Hymn" with the star burst drill at the end of the show.  Older folks scream and cry, remembering better times and "that's what DCI is, right there!", while youngsters are blown away by the symmetrical drill, claiming the Casper, Wyoming corps is breaking new ground in drill writing and it's the future of visuals!

13.  Academy/Crossmen - a tie for 13th in Semi-finals, missing only by .005 of making it into finals.  Both Corps swear they will double down on the paths they are on and swear to their fans to be back in the top 12 next year, while a Blue Devils B, creeps closer to making it in to Finals!

If this happens many bricks will be pooped

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BozzlyB said:

Every drum corps that ever existed is way better than last year.

Exactly. I touted at the start of last season that Madison was better than the previous year. I still think that was true, from a performance standpoint but not from a design standpoint. I am super excited by Acadmey's show. I heard a fairly lengthy snippet, but an 11th place corps is certainly not a shoe in to make finals the next year. 

On 8/8/2015 at 11:42 PM, Cappybara said:

Kind of like how ESPN does this with college football and college basketball right after the national championship game....

Here's Cappybara's Way-Too-Early-Pre-Season-Rankings for 2016!

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cadets

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Blue Knights

8. Cavaliers

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Stars - 5

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Crossmen

You know you're bored when you dig through the previous years predictions to see who was close......

@Cappybara (WOAH YOU CAN TAG PEOPLE) had a pretty #### close one for last year, and barely after finals in 2015 lol.  I color coded it (green = right, yellow = 1 off, etc).  

• 5/12 right including all three medalists in the correct order.  
  • 3/12 that were only one placement away.  
  • 2/12 were within 2 placements and 11/12 finalists.  

• Like 2